Miserable git's general and non-specific (but very inclusive) whingeing thread - If you've got thoughts about stuff, I'm your guy

Also, here’s my other whine I can’t be bothered to type out. AI will save us all! Finally I can whine whiteout typing out a wall of text…

As a poor music producer, I’ve been dreaming of owning an Elektron Machinedrum for years now. Its powerful sequencer and unique sound have always caught my attention, but unfortunately, the price tag has always been out of reach for me.

I’ve been following Elektron for years, and I’ve always admired their commitment to innovation and quality. But I also wish they would consider releasing a new version of the Machinedrum at a more affordable price point.

I understand that the Machinedrum is a top-of-the-line drum machine, and that its features justify the high price point. However, as a struggling artist, I simply can’t afford to drop thousands of dollars on a piece of gear.

If Elektron were to re-release the Machinedrum at a lower price point, it would be a game-changer for producers like me. I know there are many other musicians out there who would jump at the chance to own a Machinedrum if it were more affordable.

I’m not asking for Elektron to sacrifice quality or features in order to lower the price. I simply believe that there is a market for a more affordable version of the Machinedrum, and that it would be a smart move for the company.

I hope that Elektron is listening to feedback from its customers, and that they will consider releasing a more affordable version of the Machinedrum in the future. In the meantime, I’ll keep searching for used options, and dreaming of the day when I can finally add this iconic drum machine to my setup.

4 Likes

OK, pack it all up, boys and girls, we’re done here. That last one shows we can completely replace this forum with chatgpt-generated content now.

9 Likes

ARTURIA VEGAS MODE CAN GO TO HELL.

CLOUDS ARE DUMB.

WHY DONT SOCKS STAY UP FOR A WHOLE DAY.

$40 IS TOO MUCH FOR A T SHIRT.

MEGADETH IS JUST DAVE MUSTAINE NOONE KNOWS ANYONE ELSE IN THAT GROUPS NAME.

LFO OR ELO OR ELF OR UCLA ACRONYMS BE DAMNED.

feelsgoodman.

8 Likes

This is my Magnum Opus

As someone who has been following @fin25’s music for years, I have to say I’m deeply disappointed to see him move away from hardware synthesizers and start using a MacBook instead. It feels like he’s abandoning the very tools that made his music so unique and powerful.

I understand that technology is constantly evolving, and that many producers are switching to digital tools for their convenience and flexibility. But there’s something special about the warmth and texture of analog synthesizers that can’t be replicated by software alone.

What’s more, it’s disheartening to see @fin25 sell off his hardware synths to make the transition. These devices are more than just tools - they’re instruments that have been carefully crafted by skilled engineers to create a specific sound and feel. It’s sad to think that they’ll be lost to him forever.

Of course, @fin25 is free to make whatever artistic choices he feels are right for him. I don’t begrudge him for exploring new avenues of creativity. But as a fan of his work, it’s hard not to feel a sense of loss as he moves away from the hardware synths that were such an integral part of his sound.

I hope that @fin25 will continue to push the boundaries of electronic music, and that his new digital tools will allow him to create music that is just as inspiring as his previous work. But as for me, I’ll always treasure the raw power and emotion of the hardware synths that he once used to create his incredible music.

6 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t just copy/paste that from the MD whining thread?

3 Likes

I mean, is there really a difference?

3 Likes

Why can’t I hinge my MD MK3 onto my Field desk? Where’s the backwards compatability?

3 Likes

Not enough

1 Like

I’m still mad at whoever thought sus4#5b9 is a chord and not just an inverted maj7 (among several other offenders!) in the Syntakt and I believe Cycles chord machine.

A dozen real chords in a usable order, by harmonic function, would have been so much better!

2 Likes

We’ve really been the AI all along.

2 Likes

disappear

3 Likes

The real treasure was the AI’s we made along the way

7 Likes

So traditionalist. Excessive spellings are the creative future of enharmonics

2 Likes

See “Dead Internet Theory”

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still really pissed off about song mode. Digitakt, Digitone, Syntakt all got song mode, but what about the Analog Heat? This is bullshit.

11 Likes

In the near future on the Market Place :

Almost new miserable Mac shit… will consider trades for Perkons, OT, Boum, …

4 Likes

Sure. It will support SD cards (no SDHC though). No overbridge.

1 Like

@Fin25: at this point, you should start a Patreon.

2 Likes

You can tell GPT that my Polivoks and Lyra are safe for now…

1 Like

.co.ck

1 Like