Mod Wiggler

Boom selecta!

1 Like

I saw that! You were in the right, they were in the wrong. That was in ā€œGeneral Gearā€ which can get kind of nasty.

MW is the only place in recent memory where I have reported posts to mods. Generally agree with @j3rkā€™s impressions of the current state of the place. On the humour thing, I think itā€™s tricky. I like really inappropriate humour, but a lot of the changes in social attitudes around humour are related to humour that ā€œpunches downā€ socially. I get that itā€™s tricky, but if a bit of awkwardness leads to a more welcoming world for people, Iā€™m willing to live with it.

1 Like

I notice this too but see it a little differently: as one gets older, one has to work a little harder to have new experiences. But, their value can be greater as we age.

1 Like

Oh hang on - that guy was Lofi junglist??? Thatā€™s quite a turnaround!

1 Like

I agree, itā€™s just a sort of adjustment and a different way to enjoy life. At first it felt a sort of mourning until I realized that other things are blooming, which are less showy, but perhaps of greater value as you said.

1 Like

As far as Iā€™ve been told by a few of the older timers.

Having looked youā€™re right - imagine a bit of ā€˜tidyingā€™sā€™ been done there, ha!

1 Like

It was a lot of fun being part of muffwiggler back in the heyday. When eurorack was just growing/exploding beyond doepfer. Brands like MakeNoise, Harvestman, Livewire, Metasonix, etc. were all fairly young and the idea of a modular synth being made of multiple brands was still kind of novel - a real changing point. Most of the people behind these brands were communicating on the forum. There was a real creative zeitgeist in the air. It certainly felt like being part of a niche scene.

Then getting into heavily into DIY. The forum was amazing with so many great thoughtful and intelligent contributors (J3rk included). It was a really fun/meaningful time in my hobby life for me. I probably got too distracted from making music but I did have a lot of fun being creative in the DIY realm.

Like anything else, things change. It was great to ride that wave while it was happening.

2 Likes

Do any of you know what happened to slumberjack or if heā€™s on any other forums? He was such a nice, interesting guy, but havenā€™t seen him posting in a long time. Was he junglfied or kentinized?

More likely he took himself out of there - think he was involved in the messy tape delay thread and probably decided enough was enough.

1 Like

Turns out crypto is politics now too. Such a shame.

That thread is the most Shakespearian thread on the entire internet.