Modal Argon8 – 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesiser

The strange thing is that I don’t use an external controller at all and only play the notes with the Digitakt. Even if only the sequencer is running and I change a pattern, sometimes the note hangers come up. But now that I’m writing this I notice that I’m using multiple tracks on the same MIDI channel with program change messages. Probably that’s where it comes from.

Just ordered an argon8 for £459 from GAK in the UK. I think that’s a bargain tbh, though I have not touched it yet.
Can I use the keyboard with local off to control other equipment, and choose the midi channel without issue, does anyone know ?
EDIT yes I can :blush:

1 Like

Got one in my basket but haven’t pulled the trigger yet… was wondering whether this will compliment my Digitone keys/digitakt? Like the sound… the desktop is only £399

399?

where ?

2 Likes

OR its ££359 with the code below at BAX

Enter at checkout :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ha , sorry i got a bit confused with cobalt8…
good price though.
i wish i wasnt very very tempted to quit my job and have a year off…

Ok just ordered the Argon 8m I got it for £359.10 with the above code: OSDY20 looking forward to hooking this one up.

3 Likes

Yeah sorry man… I’m gonna get the cobalt8 desktop when it’s available too. Nice little pairing for my electron gear.

I had no problems running my virus snow into the audio input

Managed to pick one up! The argon.

Edit: Well I meant to post that in the latest purchase thread, but also good to post here - looking forward to making some push pads with the Argon8!

1 Like

For me the Audio-In is useless. Drum sounds from the Digitakt sound terrible, much too quiet and if you turn up the gain everything overdrives very fast.

I actually used the headphone outputs from the virus … maybe that’s why it worked for me

I have the same issue using the audio in. The levels are far too quiet to be useable, I sent a support ticket in Modal about this. It’s a bummer too, it would save me from having to use a mixer when i want to pair this with anything.

1 Like

Both toys at the same time:

3 Likes

Wow! Awesome stuff!

Added a video on using wav mods with low frequencies

4 Likes

This is a great found. I had a lot of fun using this trick) A whole new palette of A8 opens.
Thanks for sharing !

2 Likes
3 Likes