Modal Argon8 – 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesiser

Mine’s in the shop with a failed voice card right now, but I’m looking forward to poking at this when it’s back.

I read somewhere that Argon8 doesn’t have free-running oscillators can anyone confirm if this is true?

Thanks

It appears that some of my custom patches now sound very different since applying the 2.4 firmware update. I’ve emailed Modal to see if they can provide information about how to modify my patches to get them sounding the same as with the 2.3 firmware, but I’m wondering if anyone here can provide a guide to how to change them please?

Possibly stupid question but I can’t find the answer by looking at the front panel.
Can you select a wave table (answer is yes) and scan though it?
It’s the least I would expect from a wave table synth but looking at the panel I wouldn’t know

check this

Edit: oops, I meant a section earlier

Brilliant, thanks. I was trying to gauge useability that is why I was looking on detail at the panel.

I own an Argon 8m and it took a little while to get used to the parameter access and dialing values in the small menu. No big deal though. In the manual there is a section describing smart shortcuts and key combinations.

1 Like

I know I’m replying to an old post here but it really helped me out. Was struggling with the output levels on my argon 8 to the point of thinking of selling it.
Checked my cables I was using and found they were trs, swapped then for mono jack’s and the difference is enormous. Genuinely night and day so thank you for pointing it out.

1 Like

Happy to hear it! :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
How does the Argon8 compare to softsynths like Vital or Serum?

Had the same experience with a Waldorf Blofeld. Which had an even more surprising twist, btw :slightly_smiling_face:

( check Left / Stereo )
http://static.keymusic.com/products/121029/XL/waldorf-blofeld-module-black.jpg

Hi there,
I’m new here and I don’t know if this is the right topic to ask help for an issue with Argon8M, but maybe someone could.
I have DT, DN and AF that are the core of my productions. To improve this I got A8M and installed the VST3 plugin and followed all the instructions to integrate it in Ableton live 11 via usb with my controller key Arturia keystep37.
It doesn’t work…the weird thing is that the MIDI Local in the plugin is turned ON and I cannot turned it OFF (it is grey). Could it be this?
Anyone can help me?
Many thanks

I can’t find the local off option. I want to disconnect the keyboard from the internal sound engine but keeping the latter receiving midi via the din connection.
I want to use the argon to control DN’s auto channel, so don’t want to hear the argon all the time (only when it’s DN midi track is selected).
Am I missing something?

It’s under Settings - UI & Controls.

thanky you very much for the quick help!

No worries. I remember searching this myself for quite a bit.
You’d expect it in MIDI, or Keyboard…

Hello there,
Maybe a fellow Argon8 owner can help me with this one,although the question might apply to any synth owner.
I have recently bought a Tascam DR40X, which has balanced TRS inputs. I have tried connecting it to the Argon8 with TRS cables and felt the audio output was a bit low. I swapped the TRS cables for TS with the same results.
When I first connected my Argon8 to monitors through TRS cables the audio was very low, swapping these for TS to RCA cables made a world of difference, so I am still hoping there might be a solution to this.
I have seen there are TS to TRS adapters on sale and wonder if they might be useful?

4 Likes

New update with added wavetables

Here is the demo video

4 Likes

it uses unbalanced outputs, general feedback is that the output levels are low too

1 Like