Modal Argon8 – 8 voice polyphonic wavetable synthesiser

I love Elektron, but I’m not going to say no to parameter slides.

I get that they were thinking that the P-Lockable LFO is better than the parameter slides because you have more control over how the parameters shift and most people probably only use parameter slides for a limited number of parameters, but, I mean, come on. Parameter slides are awesome

Bought and paid for. Let’s hope it’s shipping before the holidays.

If Thomann is to be believed the Argon8 will be in stores before the Hydrasynth.
They list the Argon as 1-2 weeks, and the Hydrasynth as 3-4 weeks.
We’ll see.

Factory patch banks:

9 Likes

Love the sound, so much better than the Hydrasynth demos to me. Future classic.

2 Likes

Sounds great! I am really into this one.

Yeah, I think I need one of these. As others have mentioned, the Hydra interface looks very interesting, and I really like the sound of it, but this for some reason has a different draw for me. Something about the sound, and even the aesthetic makes me want this just a bit more. Plus it’s the first Modal synth that isn’t a small piece of plastic, that I can justify the cost of. I love the big ones, but for the amount of musical output I produce, (which is low) I can’t spend $3-4K. At least right now. :smiley:

4 Likes

I agree. There is almost something textural in the sound that is unique.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s a big part of it. It reminds me of the sorts of sounds that I used to make on my XT and XTk a bit, and while I’d love to have an XTk again, they’re getting difficult to find for a price I’m willing to pay. So this not only checks that box, but it has its own character as well. Plus, since I just got a Digitone Keys, this will actually fit better (physically) than some other, larger options.

1 Like

That was a really nice showcase of this synth’s sound. It’s a really interesting unit. I like the form factor and styling too.

1 Like

Exactly! Like a XT with smoother oscillators and a beefier filter.

1 Like

The more I hear of this the more I like it.

1 Like

I love it! And it costs only 2 Behringers.

4 Likes

One would think that it would cost more like 3 to 4 Behringers at least! :wink:

1 Like

Really excited about this too. Already pre-ordered weeks ago, because I had some store credit and ended up selling my Nf-1m too to make room. I was originally leaning Hydrasynth, but the sound here just kept drawing me in despite its supposed “limitations”. It also looks like a lot of fun to program. :slight_smile:

Hopefully it ships before Christmas though, because I’m currently polyless (although I’ve been making due with my A4)

3 Likes

Hello @Jukka

1 Like
2 Likes

:rofl:

I notice that Thomann.de lists the price of Argon8 $150 less than anywhere else – at least on their US version of the site. $600! It’s been that way for a while.

They also say “In stock within about one week”!

3 Likes

I’m sure they wouldn’t put this video out if it wasn’t now ready. I have one on order from KMR, and I’m really excited about it. Has really taken me by surprise.

1 Like