Model:Cycles

Because you pull the trigger easier on a box that costs not so much compared to the bigger boxes like the digitone or digitakt.
Mass market…

2 Likes

Ess’ performance was incredible.

3 Likes

Damn, @Ess absolutely killing it on this Perfect Circuit perfromance. Wonderful dreamy crunchy music. Super impressive stuff, :metal:

1 Like

@MathiasS They releasing it, to stay relevant and most importantly, stay in business!

Like I said in an earlier post. In beginning, they only targeted the High End market, with complex and expensive high end machines.
Then they released the more affordable midrange products like the Digitakt and Digitone. The Digitakt is one of their best selling devices at the moment.

So to cover all bases of the market, they released the Model:Samples and now Model:Cycles.
The only mistake they made was the launchprice of the Model:Samples. It was too high and too close to the Digitakt, but that has now been corrected by the recent price drop.

1 Like

for me it feels like elektron made a ND2 with knob-per-function and some effects plus p-locking and great sequencer for a very good price. if i wouldn’t have a ND2 yet this would definitely catch my attention.

1 Like

Initially i thought i would have preferred it in a Digi format with a bit more depth to it , but i must admit , it sounds really good, and its a lot of bang for your buck . If i’d like to take things a bit further i can always sample and layer sounds into the Digitakt , so i gues i’m gonna snatch one up . Great job guys !!

MC dispatched and en route.

I lasted all of about two weeks without having any Elektron gear :joy:

3 Likes

Fully agree. He killed it.

1 Like

Right.

And there is nothing lacking in the Model:Samples sound, I can assure you.

The bass is there, the distortion is fantastic, the reverb is huge.

More than enough to produce quality tracks.

I’ll never understand the need to talk something down as a means to talk something else up.

4 Likes

Most of the “critique” on the internet is people defending previous decisions to themself.

12 Likes

Definitely something to be said for the light plastic design, too. Seems like you could really throw it around, drop it, throw it in your bag without much care. All their other product kinda scare me and I am very precious about them. To take one on a holiday and have it stolen, wouldn’t be such a financial blow. That kind’ve carefree attitude could have onflow effects, like bringing it with you instead of not

2 Likes

@Uija You hit the nail on the head really, as that is mostly what the hate is all about. Especially against Behringer for example!
People are literally pissed off, becoming aggressive to others even, because they spend thousands of dollars on old (or new) Analog gear (and spend even more in continuous repairs to keep them running)… and here comes Behringer releasing the same stuff for a fraction of the cost.
The sacrilege! Their little super exclusive club of Analog purists is suddenly not so super exclusive anymore, now the average person can afford to buy an Analog synth.

You see, unfortunately, the same thing happening with the Elektron stuff! Since Elektron gear used to be very expensive and very complex, only accessible to the few.
So in their view, it felt a bit special/exclusive to use these devices.
The hate already started with the release of the Digitakt. There was so much negativity and anger against that machine! Since why in earth would someone buy the Digitakt over the “superior” Octatrack?! Ya da ya da… /shrug

The reality? The Digitakt became Elektron’s best selling device lol.

5 Likes

Not this discussion here again please :yawning_face:
there is an existing thread

5 Likes

anyone know if the micro usb cable included with the :cycles is the same braided material as in their other products?

-

i happen to care about these sort of weird things

Is it just me? To my ears, the M:S sounds different than Digitone. It’s a bit more rough, or maybe more “old” FM, like a Yamaha YMF262 chip based FM synth

2 Likes

6 tracks of BIA / Plaits / Qubit Chord / kick ass sequencer & FX for nay-on €330 blips.

bananas :cowboy_hat_face:

[a somewhat loose comparison but still, not far off] :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here are some Screenshots from the M:C manual that show what each of the four sound shaping macros control for each engine:

I really like patching my own drum sounds on the DN and using aftertouch, mod wheel and breath control (controlled by OT midi channels) to create performance macros myself. The M:C manual provides some neat ideas for trying to replicate the engines on the DN :slightly_smiling_face: this is going to be fun!

8 Likes

I like what I hear.

But then, for the to be actually useful to me:

Why none of elektron machines have an option to change the pattern instantly with midi? And Model devices’ pattern chaining seems to be even more barebones than on analog boxes… :frowning:

Should be same braided cable that comes with MS

Also 1/8” to MIDI adapters are braided.
They’re quite nice.

2 Likes

The visual design aspect of the model:series is terrible IMHO.
To come from the digitakt, which looks like an artifact from the Nostromo and to arrive at the model:cycles is a big step backwards… it was said already, I know but releasing the second box with so uninspiring looks is just baffling

2 Likes