Model:Cycles

its been €333 euro on thomann ireland since release. i think theyre taking the p1ss out of us.

tirty tree and a turd etc.

baztidz. :smile:

8 Likes

I’d love to see the sales figures on all the various devices. I’d be amazed if the Digi boxes and below weren’t disproportionately killing it vs the “flagship” devices. I really do think the Digi’s are the sweet spot though. But it does amaze me that some are so salty at the Model range. Even worse are those displaying an incredible sense of entitlement as if Elektron owe them some mega device.

Why can’t we all just be happy at the choices available? Especially when you watch videos of Cenk and Mario absolutely killing it with just one Model. Impressive is an understatement and I’m only listening on my phones speakers!

7 Likes

Hahahah. Just showed my Irish gf that. She lolled. :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

The M:C is getting a way more positive response than the M:S when that was released. I wonder if this will eventually boost sales for the M:S. I’m now considering getting both! :joy:

11 Likes

haha yeah me too. I hadn’t realised it had taken a price drop. I’m sure it was still over £400 on Elektron.se up until MC dropped yesterday. You can buy one new for £250 which does seem like a steal…

me too

2 Likes

It would result in level jumps between patterns, and can´t be done live.

Me 3 :smile:

2 Likes

@pidgeo. Elektron is pricing the Model Samples here in Norway at 3900 NOK, which is 390 euros.

So it can be worse.

The Halo Effect.

:rofl:

*Mjolnir armour sold separately

2 Likes

I got it for 329 yesterday @ thomann.

Had no idea they were 299

Maybe because im in NL

1 Like

Yeah, I should’ve snapped it up. Probably an error. I’m in France btw.

Just checked and mine was €325 yesterday too.

O well, I’d just have to accept the 30 euro difference. It’s not that bad tbh.

Specifically for a preorder.

edit: not even a pre-order, a direct order!

1 Like

Anyone else notice the Elektron promo at 35 seconds sounds remarkably like the intro to Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads

1 Like

319 € from Audio Solutions (who are closer to you than Thomann!)

1 Like

Model: Cycles, I think that it is possible to import the tone created in detail with Digitone as a user machine! Then you’ll want to buy both!:drooling_face:

Same! I think seeing that the battery pack is coming soon makes me think of a mobile setup! And though the samples feels like a downgrade from Digitakt I was planning on buying a couple of volcas for a mobile situation and it’s too much of a hassle to unhook the Digitakt from it’s nook in the studio

Digitone can assign up to four parameters for pitch bend, velocity, modulation wheel, breath controller, and aftertouch. I guess the four except velocity here correspond to Model:Cycles Color / Shape / Sweep / Contour ?

Man that is sloooow! I think it’s hard to play at those speeds (thinking more of guitar as I am a shit keys player) still you can probably go and make a cup of tea in between quarter notes : )
Probably easier with a sequence and tweaking though - might have some experiments!

1 Like