Model:Cycles

It’s not a dumbed down digitone. The machine engines were made specifically for this device. Ess said as much in the live stream last night. They’re tuned 4op fm so they def share dna but there’s different overall algos than the digitone

5 Likes

Yeah in his little talk he also said something a long the lines of some of the knobs are like the equivalent of a macroknob twisting 6 different knobs in different ways… I would love to see a full technical break down of all the machines and knob functions from @ess but I also wonder if that would be giving away a bit too much of the secret sauce.

4 Likes

The difference between standard shipping to Canada and speeeedy shipping to Canada was only $3!

3 Likes

Oh yeah we’re live!!

24 Likes

haha nice! yeah for me it was the choice of free shipping and or paying like 30$ to get it a day sooner. Because I live in cali I am already getting taxed from buying in state from them.

2 Likes

Color
Contour
Sweep
Shape

2 Likes

I wish I knew what the unacceptable rate of returning items is at big stores like GC, Sweetwater, etc. I now want to return yet another item and get the M:C instead.

Really cannot argue with that logic. Maybe I should order a third one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

yeah I went with free shipping. surprised it’s going to be here (Ohio) that quickly, actually…

funny FedEx story… this week I had something coming and due here Wednesday. it was at the local sorting facility on Monday night (fifteen minutes from my house). on Tuesday the tracking page said “delivery not due.” so… even though they had it, since they had originally quoted a Wednesday delivery, they chose to let it sit in their warehouse an extra day instead of throwing it on the truck, delivering it, and getting it out of their way! :rofl:

1 Like

That was my favorite part of the live stream. Hearing him talk about trying to get the MD’s metallic DNA into the M:C, after being misinformed that the MD used 4 operators to achieve it, when it had in fact used 8.
And that using different waveforms that are unique to the metal machine got him there.

Fascinating stuff that helps you realize while this has some MD and DN DNA, it’s also its own thing.

8 Likes

Rinse and Retrig

1 Like

I’m almost certain that I’m going to buy one of these but I’m feeling conflicted about my M:S and whether I should keep it as well. I’ve been longing for a single box that I can use without the computer and I probably don’t need both, although I’ve only had the M:S for a few months and I know I haven’t realised its full potential. I’m short on space as well, no dedicated room for music gear so I have to put this stuff away and get it back out and and so on.

I’m getting my redundancy pay tomorrow so I’m definitely going to treat myself to something, whether it’s this or not. Can’t let the bastards grind you down!

4 Likes

Well, hello!

23 Likes

Looks like a scat grindcore logo

Or a mud pie

Not being negative having a laugh :blush:

8 Likes

Sizzling!!!

1 Like

It says

Color
Contour
Sweep
Shape

Finally got your reference @darenager :nerd_face:

5 Likes

Thanks it bamboozled me. At first I thought it was a cake

Haha! I thought it looked like a bunch of nutsacks strung together on a nut-vine. Very rad, love the art!

5 Likes

reckon his nibs who done the animation designed that?

Looks like something out of fabulous furry freak brothers.

1 Like