Model:Cycles

Has yeah this by no means would take place of digitone just a nice add on with pads and run the a compressor

1 Like

Is it plastic? It looked metal in the pictures. Rather robust as well.

I do too. They are just lovely.

(Ok, I’ll admit to owning two of them; a grey one and a cool blue one…)

1 Like

okay, metal. LOL.

so it took them a YEAR to develop a piece of METAL to house some batteries?! SMH.

You would take to it like a fish to water. I know this in my bones.

Who wants M:C STICKERS?

I won’t be using them.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of selling my DN to get M:C sooner. Controversial? For the full picture, I currently own OT, DN, JU-06A and VP-03. Also I’m a guitarist at heart and really wanted the DN as a six voice (for six strings) synth for my midi pickup. But the DN hanging notes thing has fucked my plans up completely. So, I’m now thinking M:C for drums and some programmed synth work/basslines etc, JU-06A for the four voice finger picky stuff I do via the guitar midi pickup and OT as mixer, looper, master effects box. Advice?

1 Like

Nice I’m a guitarists more so as well
Highfive
Don’t sell the dn though man…
Still one of the funnest pieces I have ever played
Everrrrrr
Just save the 299

2 Likes

Don’t sell the DN.

Wait till you can get the M:C without banishing the DN.

You might really love them together. Let go of the idea of “covering your bases”. This isn’t a meal plan, this is music.

Also, right now is the worst time to sell a Digitone, as others will be seeking to sell theirs to get the M:C and perhaps add an M:S. So there will be more 2nd hand DNs than people to buy them and the prices have already gone down a bit on Reverb.

5 Likes

I’m actually looking at the LXR drum synth
Changing daily lol
And the 01/IV
Fuck

3 Likes

Follow your heart man. I would say use both M:C and DN for a while, and see what you think. You might find they work well together, or maybe not. When I picked up the Model:Samples I had planned to use it as a nice portable groovebox. But in the end it I ended up selling my Digitakt because I wasn’t using it as much.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed that already, re second hand prices dropping. Okay, patience is the name of the game, see how they pan out together, then jettison anything I don’t like/need once I truly know. Sage advice, sir. I have to say I’ve made some absolutely crazy shit with the DN - I’m talking metallic, evolving, industrial but yet at the same time ambient layer stuff with the DN, but that’s mainly for my hip hop side project. Hmm. I thought M:C could do a similar job in that regard, as well as being perfect for my main synthwave band. But, yes, you’re right. Save up, get M:C, then see how things stand after six months of having both options available to me. Cheers!

3 Likes

DN is great at wild. And while I am sure you can get to wild sounds quickly (perhaps quicker?) with M:C, once you get there, you’ll have some limitations with how far / where you’ll be able to take them from there.

Things like chorus, wave folding, two LFOs, p-locking the algo on trigless trigs aka lock trigs (instead of p-locking the whole machine), 8 voice poly… these are places your DN will shine.

5 Likes

What is your bands name?

1 Like

I’ll take them if available!

Fuck yes! You’ve just made me fall back in love with my DN. It is a truly amazing synth. Maybe I just need to give up on my plan of playing it live via guitar and only use it when I’m that guy at the back of the stage nodding and pushing buttons while the MC has the attention of the audience haha

3 Likes

So you’re saying, now is the time to buy a DN!

8 Likes

Petit Massif for synthwave, 100% Failure Within 72 Hours (2001, a Space Odyssey reference there) for hip hop.

2 Likes

Haa I dig that space odyssey ref for a name.
Cool, i will have to check out the bands

1 Like

there ya go!

Everyone loves the lead singer (MC), but it’s the synth nerd (DN) that is the deep brooding musical genius in most groups.
:wink:

6 Likes