Model:Cycles

More of an Adam Neely joke, but I’ll take that :laughing:

4 Likes

I will say from what I’ve seen most fingerdrum type people do like to hammer the shit out of pads, maybe the mentality behind hard pads is you always have the option to hit it a little harder and get more expression out if it. Personally I am probably more of a fixed velocity type, love on off trig keys… I kinda wish there was an option for pressure separate from velocity so it was easier to do the pressure based retrig stuff without going into a menu and turning fixed off. Still waiting on my unit so maybe I will just like it as is.

3 Likes

Sorry to ask again but this is interesting. Are you saying anything below 40 didn’t trigger at all, or are you saying your lightest hits trigger 40? My reasoning is if I limit VDep at super low values, then the whole range of velocities would only be something like 100-127 so it would be almost fixed velocity but enough for some subtlety. If that makes sense?

:heart:

Oh dude, true!

SL Mk3 (the Launchpad Pro Mk3 has replaced its function, aside from the keybed), the Dreadbox Polyend Medusa (the Abyss is enough Dreadbox for me, it seems), and the Make Noise QPAS (the Matriarch’s filters do a similar job admirably).

1 Like

The latter of your two, I think, i.e. what you want (but I could be wrong)!

1 Like

It was “oil of ulan” in Australia when I was a boy…
oil of ulan
Any who Model:Cycles is my next purchase

3 Likes

Marathon became snickers… pffff
Opal fruits became starbursts… rubbish!
Space Raiders were 10p
Pickeled Onion monster munch were Boss
Frys Turkish delight got cut in half with an actual sword

And why they had to change the spelling of dime bars I’ll never know!

I live in australia now, they have these things called Tim Tams, basically a Penguin but slightly different and not individually wrapped.

3 Likes

…and the OT is a sample player with a crossfader.

4 Likes

Digitakt is truly something special.

1 Like

Both suck ass, whatever happened to usb mini? Nice and sturdy…

1 Like

USB? who needs that! bring back parallel SCSI ports you could park a small car on one of those ports :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Now we’re talking!

Are MF and GC owned by the same investment group?

Yep!

Was offered to review this one now, but passed. I wouldn’t do it justice, I feel. I do love the music I’m hearing people make with it already, though.

Alto Music are fast becoming the US store that is the go to place for best deals in high tech.
Been around for years , id try them before Sweetwaters. Phone the store for best deals. 10 units arrived yesterday I think next shipment is much larger in 100’s.

2 Likes

Elektron dominating the Thomann drum machines chart!

5 Likes

Model cycles thru lyra 8

5 Likes