Model:Cycles

DHL likes to take a look at the package for a day instead of throwing it into the delivery van :frowning:

That sucks, two weeks before Aus stores get stock from Elektron and then another week to ship, so I’m looking at mid March at the earliest :joy:

1 Like

Cerakote Is what they use to paint / coat firearms. Tough stuff! Probably overkill (but who doesn’t love overkill?) but maybe look into that.

3 Likes

I was thinking Matt Black… to match my DT

1 Like

A man of culture I see! Never goes out of style!

Just tried this out at dlxmusic in sthlm. Its fucking gnarley. Easy to make distorted freaked out sounds and make it sound nice. Not sure if it fits me though. I might actually go with a samples🤷‍♂️
They are stacking up btw. They just got a new batch. First batch sold out! Gonna be a bestseller this one

3 Likes

Or selling a microkorg for this is a nobrainer
Also this probably pairs better with DT than a samples

2 Likes

Found it hard to get the chords to fit what i was doing though. Maybe that its to musical for dnb. Or i just suck🤷‍♂️

1 Like

Just got mine… But it has got a loud beep sound, when connected via USB. I tried several hubs (I’ve got 3 Overhubs (2 are powered) and 2 other brands) with no luck. Via MIDI everything is fine.

Cool, nice sounds! I loved that wee chiptune sound that popped up a wee bit into it. Don’t think I’ve heard anything quite like that from it thus far.

I feel your pain. DPD said Saturday, then I changed my address caus it was missing a bit and it said Friday deliver. Now changed to Monday hah wtf.

I wonder who did “Poly Dip” in the Model:Cycles playlist…? It’s exactly the type of sound I LOVE!

I agree. It’s like the Digitone LFO’s, all their parameters should have been on one Page.

1 Like

I mean I understand why.
For continuity, muscle memory with the M:S, the pitch and decay parameters have remained on the top row.

But yea. Mildly frustrating in the beginning.

Why not the bottom row? Any similarities with the M:S?

Did you remove the knobs to put the sticker on?

I mean just look at both boxes.
There were really only 4 knobs unique to the MS,
Start, length, filter cutoff, filter res.

Bottom row is all LFO, vol/dist, and sequencer knobs.

What I really like is the how 2 of the buttons also got swapped. And my MS is a bit jealous of that punch button. :slight_smile:

Don’t put them side by side then.

I don’t.
I don’t even own an M:C

M:S keeps watching the dataline video tho!

7 Likes

Seriously, thanks for taking the time to explain your point of view. I was to lazy to put them side by side and compare the buttons config.

2 Likes