Monomachine Love Thread

yeah it sounds like its a room recording which is a shame

Just for fun
trying to cover i feel love
2 channels left :wink:

5 Likes

MM brings an understated vibe delivery in this one. It just sounds bigger than my mk1 md and Iā€™d love to know if mk2 mds sound similar.

7 Likes

in love with song mode these days (:

8 Likes

I can no longer ignore thisā€¦ Iā€™ve got to get a Monomachine.
Iā€™m always on the lookout for the best synth made beats and I simply cannot get the same results with the Digitone or the Machinedrum. The Machinedrum is too locked into machines. The Digitone is completely open ended but doesnā€™t sound as big, full and awesome as the beats Iā€™ve heard by Nicholas Lem. So Iā€™ve put up a post in the Buying forum.

3 Likes

Any particular Nicholas Lem track that made you want a MnM? (Iā€™m just curious. The MnM is awesome.)

Lots of great beats in this liveset:

And ā€œKaleidoscopeā€ posted earlier in this thread.

7 Likes

Last Session With a little duo Analog Rytm / Monomachine

I find it hard to get decent beats out of mnm. Bbox machine I donā€™t really like either.

The MnM can certainly do fantastic drums but itā€™s far from instant gratification in my memory. I also found the Bbox engine to sound really naff quite quickly without a lot of work. Results can be great but expect some frustration for a while.

4 Likes

The MnM is one of my favorite synths to make kicks on. Set the track to SIN, put 2 LFOā€™s on ā€˜oneā€™ mode (or ā€˜halfā€™ if necessary), route them both to pitch, mix different LFO shapes (downramp and exp are good but others can work), then experiment with different speeds and depths for both LFOs. Then route the third LFO to modulate the speed of one of the others as you revel in fine-grained control of the thump.

11 Likes

Yeah, I generally use Bbox as inoffensive background driving beats to contrast with whatever whackadoodle arpeggiated lines or by itself as heavily processed and less traditional percussion.

1 Like

I love the BBox. especially the finger snaps. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Do I remember correctly a problem with phase/waveform start when doing this? I used to do this all the time but seem to recall the kicks hitting irregularly.
Maybe Iā€™m thinking of doing this with the self-oscillating filter?

I think the LFO waves are consistent, but not sure about the actual SIN machine that is being pitch modulated.

Probably best to make kicks to sample ?!

I wanted to post a new realization I had with the Monomachine OP-Z combo.

So the way Iā€™m using the Monomachine is that it acts like a sounds module being sequenced by the OP-Z, Iā€™m more performative in my music making so p-locking has never really been something I gelled with, so I find the combo to be pretty great.

Well yesterday it became even greater when I realized that if I set the Trig all channel on the MNM to be the same as the performance track channel and set the CCā€™s on the joystick to correspond with two encoders on the OP-Z, I can then control the joystick of all MNm tracks from the performance trackā€¦

So in this jam I showcase it by having the pitch bend pad make a sweeping filter noise on one of the tracks for transitional trucksā€¦

I found this way of setting up MNM and OP-Z really elevated the pairā€¦

6 Likes

I sold my mnm for 3500 euros and i still feel like a fool sometimes :confused:

5 Likes

Thanks @sezare56 for being the first to draw my attention to midiloop back many years agoā€¦

8 Likes

Current situationā€¦.

6 Likes