Moog Moogerfooger Plugins

just a touch slower than an instant buy, and finally getting some time spent with them. This is a great little collection of fun unique plug ins! really happy with the purchase, $150 is juuuust about right for me, I don’t think I would have paid $250 (it’s not that they aren’t worth it or whatever) but just subjective opinion of one person: they are worth the current asking price.

Really like the Murf, and can see myself using the ClusterFlux and Freqbox on plenty of things.
It’s nice to have these pedals in this format from a cost perspective, and how well they integrate (the CV connections page) as well as the benefits of new features like having multiple voicing modes on the delay (legacy, analog, and modern), and all of the ‘under the hood’ features like changing lfo polarity or carrier type on the 102.

They’re just super cool, focused, featured, and flexible effects.

2 Likes

I’m all about working ITB these days so these are very welcome. I snatched up the BigSky plugin too. These are some good times for ITB production.

5 Likes

The documentation is very satisfying as well. Lots of history, context, and reasoning in addition to “This knob do this.”

2 Likes

I currently own and use a hardware MF-101 filter. The video demo above sounds NOTHING like it. Another instance of ‘cool plugins’ but not a substitute for the real thing. Moog should have made an original design based on the MoogerFoogers with a forward thinking UI that takes advantage of the digital environment - much like DMG Audio does.

Does the video use the same settings as your hardware pedal? I found that the delay sounds quite similar to the one in the Moog Matriarch.

I used to agree on giving plugins a more modern UI, but I’ve come to think that if you have to look at it carefully before mousing over a control anyway, you may as well make the controls easy to spot.

I do think it’s too hard to see where the knobs are positioned though. .

I regret not buying the hardware when it was affordable.
Will defo be getting these!

I didn’t compare the knob settings exactly, I’ve just used the actual pedal for years and the hardware just sounds smoother and has more depth to the sound.

I agree about the delay plugin. I had a 104Z (amazing delay!) and they did a better job of that plugin recreation than the filter IMO.

I have Valhalla Delay and Echoboy jr and those are all the ITB delays I’ll ever need. For those lamenting not buying a Moog Delay, look into the OTO BIM delay. No plugin can touch that thing.

I know this is a difficult one to estimate but what do you guys think this bundle will be after the discount is over? Asking for a fiend.

It says the usual price will be $250 on the site

1 Like

Oops, I missed that. Thanks!
I’m trying to fight the temptation to buy these and losing the battle miserably. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

of course it does.
I´m waiting for more indepth review before buying more plugins…

Damn! If I used a DAW with any sort of regularity I’d probably grab these now while they’re discounted. I’ve used the ring modulator on almost everything I’ve done since the day it came out (I reserved one before release even). Almost certainly my most used piece of gear ever.

1 Like

There’s a 7-day free trial so you can try them yourself

these are a lot of fun.

Definitely useful for sound design/total mayhem

Can’t wait to hear these. Shame the GUI is not resizeable, hopefully this can be changed at later date

This Moogerfooger plugin bundle is my favorite thing that Moog has done in a long time. I love how you get a visual of the CV modulation from one Moogerfooger to another on the modulated parameter. Incredibly well done.

1 Like

So true, just finished a mix and my lead sounds got the BIM treatment. It is so good, and I love using the freeze to build tension in breakdowns. The delays just melt into the mix and its glorious.

1 Like

I’ve had it installed for a short while and am really impressed with the sound and functionality. The way they all interact so fluidly is wonderful and I love the potential for happy accidents. There’s nothing subtle about the sound, either. Tons of character and grit. I also don’t feel anything else I own really does the same things, sonically, so there’s almost no overlap with my other plugins.

1 Like

How do you like the low pass filter? Better than Ableton’s Autofilter (which has a moog setting)?

I was putting money aside to get the Softube 72 moog vst. Partly so I can use the filter in their modular software but now tempted by these instead for some lovely moog processing of my vst synths.