Moog Sub 37

I just bought a Little Phatty. I like it better.

This is not fair.

Well, I just watched the video, and on second thought, I was completely wrong and issued a horribly inaccurate statement.

Under 1500 too? Wow!

video was nice

if you donā€™t have a hardware synth yet

makes you question whether you should get an A4 or Sub37 first :wink:

Please let this about 50lbs. lighter than the Voyager!
Just exaggerating, but damn that thing was heavy!

Fully agree. The Vā€™ger is a damn fine synth but also damn heavyā€¦the Sub 37 weight is 22lbsā€¦that is 11kg? Not so bad. The Vā€™ger is 40lbsā€¦20kg? With suitcase my Vger was about 85lbsā€¦

Iā€™m getting a Sub 37 for sure.

Ahhhh. That sounds much better.
Yeah, the weight of the Vā€™ger (plus carrying case) was half the reason I quit my last band. Sad but true.

This is a really impressive synth, probably impressive enough to make me not afford a RYTM - and Iā€™m not even that into the traditional Moog sound. Maybe Iā€™ll just try to find a cheap MachineDrum for beats.

Iā€™m of the same opinion, I would pass on a RYTM for a Sub37ā€¦since I use an OT I can just use drum samples :wink:

And here I was thinking it was had a fully polyphonic engine, something like a string machine with a full Moog audio path after it. Now that would have been something :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I have a Voyager Iā€™d replace with the Sub37 ā€” in fact itā€™s on ebay now. The voyager is a lovely machine, but it does not quite suit my tastes. I couldnā€™t get the same bass as I can from the Little Phatty and itā€™s otherwise too polite.

Alsoā€¦ yeah. Gddamn itā€™s heavy. Just ridiculous. Impressive the first few times you have to move it, but later itā€™s just annoying.

The Sub Phatty and Sub 37 have the multidrive, which gets me all excited.

ā€¦ donā€™t forget the polyphonic after touch, and I lost count of the LFOā€™s. now thatā€™s a bass machine :joy:

Looks like they got it right this time. Ding, da, da, ding-ding. We got a winner.

Two? Unless the cheeky sods are hiding more somewhereā€¦

I like the expanded destinations. Lots of modulation is my thing.

Did you try the Sub 37 in person to verify this? Or did you read it somewhere?

If it really has polyphonic aftertouch, I should be able to play two notes, press harder on only one of them, and have, say, filter cutoff change for only that one note.

Iā€™m dying to know more about the sequencer. Nick from SS asked Amos in a video about adding swing to the sequencer, and his answer was just like, it isnā€™t there now, but we can probably add it. So cool. Since itā€™s all digital internally, I wonder if each step can have itā€™s own parameter setting, or if itā€™s note data only. Also, I am curious to see if, being paraphonic, you could have two monophonic melodies playing at once a la duo mode. That would rock. Canā€™t wait to learn more.

Love my Voyager, butā€¦ man I love that Mellotron sound even more. Thinking of selling the big V to get an M4000D.

Oh yeah, the Sub 37ā€¦ I tried the Sub Phatty (original) at Guitar Center and had serious GAS for it afterward - it was a struggle to walk out of the store without pulling out my credit card. I know some peeps are picky about keybed and like to complain about how the Voyager has better action, and the old Minimoog Model D (in good condition) has even better action, but the Sub Phattyā€™s action felt fine to me.

I think Iā€™d be happy with an all-37 key double keyboard rig - M4000D and Sub 37. :slight_smile: