Moog Sub 37

Just thought I’d add, I have the Mellotron (mini version) and LOVE it! I’ll have a very similar set up if I get a Sub 37 as well. Nice. :slight_smile:

I’m curious to see if the paraphonic structure will allow one osc to be sent through the arp/ step seq and the other to be played lead or unlatched from the env and just drone.
So cool companies like Moog and Elektron give such an ear to feedback from their customers

pulsn: Someone wants my SubPhatty and Novation Bass Station 2?

I’ll have the bass station. how much? I live in Switzerland.

I just found this vid:

I think our dual 37-key setup idea will work! The M4000D can handle piano parts, orchestral parts, etc. while the Sub 37 takes care of the screaming synth lead/synth bass/analog craziness role. Granted, I’m not a classical pianist - have no interest/inclination to play Rachimanoff or that kind stuff, but for comping duties, the M4000D would be fine.

Awww, sorry already sold past weekend.

Imagine the possibilities if they ever introduce a module version that allows for polychaining like the Little/Slim phatty.

For now at least, it is (or will soon be) possible to polychain a Sub Phatty with a Sub 37.

all I know is the sub 37 is causing me much grief since I can really only afford one synth for while to add to my OT

it was going to be an A4 no questions asked but the more I watch videos on the sub37 the harder that decision becomes

I’d go the A4. You get four mono voices or a mixture of poly and mono. Loads and loads of possibilities.

I love Moog synths — little phatty for bass esp. — but if I absolutely had to choose, I’d pick the A4. Even over the Sub 37.

I’ve got a different choice. The Analog Rytm or the Sub 37.

And I do like drum machines… very much.

Sub 37 all the way for me in that fight. I didn’t like the sound of the A4 at all, and ended up only using at as (an awesome it’s true ) Cv sequencer … Which is why it had to go in the end. Tbh I prefer the sound of the Microbrute to the A4.

That’s valid. I know the A4 is not to everyone’s taste. Personally, I love it, it’s very quirky compared to the other analogues I have.

I still love Moogs though. The Little Phatty remains a fave. Although, I am debating replacing it with the Sub 37.

I already have the OT and I’m actually quite fond of the Elektron sequencer…that is the main reason I was looking at the A4 at all…the OT is great but I want something for sound design (in addition to the sample/manipulation I already have with the OT).

the polyphonic and effects are a + for the A4 over the sub37 but it looks like the sub37 has a leg up on everything else

I will probably end up going the A4 route…it’s just that the sub37 gave me a serious pause in the decision

I just pre-ordered a Sub 37.
I own a sub phatty, but will sell it once i get the 37.

I’m trying to figure out what to do with my A4. I use it mainly for drums so a rhym would suit me better, but the CV sequencing is indispensable. I guess it will be slightly more obsolete once I have the sub 37 with it’s own sequencer.

There’s so many great thing coming out lately I feel overwhelmed a bit.

What a beautiful machine. The price seems perfect too (the same amount as my tax return).

With looks and brains like that, and being a limited offering, I wonder how hard it’s going to be to get one!

Only the tribute addition is limited. They’ll release a regular version for a few hundred cheaper later in the year most likely. This synth will probably replace the voyager, that no one really seems to love.

It won’t replace the Voyager; that’s still their flagship synth with 3 osc and all the modulation options.

They won’t discontinue the Voyager. It’s telling that when choosing what to discontinue last year, they picked the keyboard version of the Little Phatty.

Yea this is pretty cool news, good to see they listen to what their customers want.
A module would be ideal though, due to the obvious cost and space issues with chaining a 37 with SP’s. I’m sure they’d be snapped up by existing users.

Yea this is pretty cool news, good to see they listen to what their customers want.
A module would be ideal though, due to the obvious cost and space issues with chaining a 37 with SP’s. I’m sure they’d be snapped up by existing users.[/quote]
This was the progression in the evolution of the Little Phatty:
Little Phatty Tribute Edition - the original model, with wood sides and signature panel.
Little Phatty Stage Edition - $100 cheaper than Tribute edition. No wood sides or sig. panel.
Little Phatty Stage II - Upgrade of Stage with USB, arpeggiator, etc.
Slim Phatty - Module-only Little Phatty.
I think we’ll see a module-only version eventually. No idea how many years we have to wait though for it. I think we’ll see a Sub 37 Stage Edition first, though, before the module.
Voyager will not be replaced, for reasons already cited, until they come up with another $3000 synth.