Moog Subharmonicon

If you go to his website http://www.theoysterhouseboys.com/blog/moog-subharmonicon-review/ there are more sound samples, with and without reverb.

And the reverb doesn’t make me suspicious at all; it’s not like Moog suddenly forgot how to make oscillators and filters and VCAs – they’re not above opinion, but I think they’re probably earned the benefit of the doubt about the whole “making a thing we’re almost synonymous with” business. If you dig this thing, it will be because of the polyrythmic sequencing and interesting subharmonic relations, and reverb doesn’t really affect that.

5 Likes

My Meris Mercury 7 reverb is going to love these detuned subharmonics though. Damn, must make a selling list and collect some boxes :joy:

Update: The video became unavailable while I was watching it …

1 Like

I thought about this myself and the only reason I could come up with that it’s probably intentional. It’s set up so you can stop the sequencer at any point and restart it at any offset. This give drastic changes in grooves and I started taking advantage of it. I think it’s a lot fun.

1 Like

Did Moog really give Perfect Circuit intro exclusivity for that crap demo of theirs?

1 Like

That could be the case! How unfortunate, I am waiting for Mylar and Loopop, then I will check my bank balance and short term cash (un)flow foresight in multiple scenarios.

and another one

why doesn’t moog just release it? well…

2 Likes
6 Likes

Suzanne Ciani gives it a whirl:

6 Likes
4 Likes

And Hainbach:

Damn, can’t watch the video right now but that very first sound is frigging gorgeous…

2 Likes

Mylar!

12 Likes

Gaz

1 Like

Live on Sweetwater, shaky hands quick order here. Waiting on shipping confirmation.

700$ tho.
think the other two models in the series got a price bump as well.
they stand at 650$. could of sworn they were at 600$ not that long ago.

idk it’s a tough choice, too many other nice gear in that price range, like the hydra.

On Moogmusic website

Montreal, Quebec, Canada : 999$

My guess is PC got its times mixed up (12 PM not 12 AM), and in the morning, when realized, damage was done.

There is more synth youtuber videos than comments in this thread :crazy_face:

Alex really makes anything he touches sound amazing. some absolutely stunning bits in that vid :slight_smile:

add this to the list of his vids that have made me want new gear.

Well that escalated quickly