Moog Subharmonicon

While that s a nice tech review i had to go here to get an idea of the sound :slight_smile:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CSiOh8DOoIU

6 Likes

Oh, absolutely. That fantasy sounded like a nightmare!

Read like a story idea for a comedy like The IT Crowd or Bojack Horseman - though the latter has less of an obvious relationship to the process of developing a synthesizer product.

I also related it to anime about making anime - Shirobako and Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken, both of which have scenes in which producer, director, animator, etc. characters brainstorm, debate, yell, etc. over the project, sometimes dramatic, sometimes hilarious, usually both.

You might find Jukka’s imagination nightmarish but I find it humorous, grounded with a realistic touch that only comes from somebody who has actually been in those situations.

Sometimes it helps to have a sense of humor in these forums and not read everything so literally, though I realize this is can be a challenge for those whose native language is not English.

1 Like

I’m in software development and used to work with hardware, so i wasn’t sure the perspective on the other end :stuck_out_tongue:

My GAS is at a really high level seeing this… :weary:

Sweet demo Mr Tobin, need to dust off my El Cap!

1 Like

I once worked on a software team that shared office space with a hardware team. The hardware folks were not immune to conflict, to say the least.

Have you worked anywhere that is totally free of drama and conflict? I haven’t. Maybe it’s just my luck.

Yeah, shouldn’t have watched that video. Sounds great, and interesting. Between this and whatever Make Noise are showing today, I might be tempted to move some gear around.

I’ve seen a couple prices cited ($700 USD and $749) but I haven’t been able to track them down to an original rumor.

Saw this on a discord:

:money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

10 Likes

Really looking forward to this baby. I’ve even tried scanning that barcode in hopes of a hit but nothing came of it.

Ive already gone well over my budget this year. But its got me interested.

Ok now I understand. I watched the other vids and the whole way through thought, why dont they just play the thing and then I can hear what it does.
Im really into these synths that are more about exploration and listening than patch design and composing. Lyra, DFAM, Subharmonicon to name three.

3 Likes

Now we’re talking! Two years ago in May I bought the DFAM as my own birthday present. I think I know what I’m getting this year!

2 Likes

By “just play” do you mean get a sound without using the sequencer? Or do you mean you want to hear more examples of it being used in a structured musical mix, like Amon Tobin’s video?

As a fellow Lyra owner I’m with you on that.

It’s pretty rare for me but this is an insta buy, I just love synths that are a bit different.

1 Like

23 Likes

What, just like that…? :wink:

Cheers!

wish they’d just announce the thing already sheesh :sweat_smile: i’m gettin antsy over here

Dont know where the photo comes from, saw it on a Moog group on FB.