MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 2)

Well, I am going to wait for NAMM to see if akai has any plans for new releases this year, but then I definitely am going to get an mpc to try. I think I just have to decide between the live II and the 2000xl :-P. Would love the X but I don’t think I can justify the price when I feel like there has to be an update coming in the next few years.

For as good as the 2k XL is supposed to be, the Live ii wins in terms of everything.

5 Likes

Rock solid midi timing :-P?

Is there a way to load multiple samples into the sample pool Or must it be done 1 by 1.?
I would like to load a folder of drums… I find this very slow to do

On the load screen
Hold shift

Edit: Now that I actually tried it, it doesn’t work lol. I swear it used to work fine tho. Seems hold shift and tapping load all only loads a selected sample. Seems like a bug maybe?

Edit: works if you are outside the folder if that makes sense

2 Likes

Awesome thanks thought there must be a way

I’d recommend a large makeup brush. Indispensable in the studio.

1 Like

I had a 2500 and a 1000 and sold both when I’d used the live 2 for a bit. No regrets so far.
I saw Octave One also started using live instead of 1000, good enough for them!

4 Likes

100%. Best purchase ever made.

1 Like

You all have it all wrong, you don’t want a brush, you want a good quality small ostrich feather duster. Gets into all the nooks and crannies, doesn’t move faders or knobs, doesn’t scratch screens or plastic, and actually picks up the dirt instead of moving it around of flinging it back into the air to land somewhere else!

1 Like

I loved my 2000XL in the 00s and had 3 or 4 1000s over the years that followed but the workflow between those models and the current range is absolutely night and day. I couldn’t go back to older versions now, not even with the JJOS on the 1000 and all the updated features that brings

2 Likes

Might have been discussed before, but have anyone used the MPC in controller mode, and multi tracked an Elektron via Overbridge?

Do you think it would make sense? Or is it easier to just go for Ableton or someting?

Or would you rather just use good old audio cables and single track into the mpc standalone?

I’m basically just looking for an easy workflow

I hardly use controller mode so when I want to track from an Elektron box I use audio cables.

2 Likes

Last night i was recording from my MPC into my Daw Ableton and back into the MPC ect via audio cables and noticed no loss of quality and it seemed easier that doing it digitally.In fact i feel maybe it adds some what we used to call ‘air’ rather than the totally digital and somewhat sterile itb sound.The combination of using ableton and the MPC is amazing tbh……Best of both worlds!!!

1 Like

That honestly makes no sense to me… I don’t mean any offence. :v:

You want to multitrack an Elektron via Overbridge? What does that have to do with the MPC?
Do you mean you want to sync parts on the MPC with parts from Overbridge?

In my experience, Overbridge’s timing is terrible and hard to sync with anything else when you use it’s audio over USB.
It’s main purpose is for capturing individual tracks on your computer/DAW to work on/mix later.

1 Like

Yeah I do prefer standalone as well

Good stuff! True, it does add some D/A conversion!

Have you used Link mode for this? It’s so good! :exploding_head:

Haha none taken, that’s why I’m asking.

Yeah exactly, the MPC would be the ”brain” and audio interface, while potentially adding some additional sample layering and synth tracks.

I’ve made a bunch of beats on the MPC but never used it as a standalone DAW to record longer audio stems from other gear.

Not exactly sure how to go about it, using the sampler? Or audio tracks? Might be why I feel a bit hesitant about the workflow.

1 Like