Multi-Track Recorder what do you use?

1010 Bluebox - love it!

3 Likes

Iā€™m currently look at Zoom H6, since I donā€™t have, well, a handy recorder for recording in the field, live shows, band rehearsals, etc. I like the interchangeable mic capsules, 6-track recording, etc.

This bundle deal looks pretty good

1 Like

Interesting, thank you!

That sounds as if it might get me where I want to be, can I overdub or nudge tracks easily?

Itā€™d be ideal if it could record in loops and beatmatch, but some basic editing and punch-in functionality would be cool. Wish the Blackbox had more simultaneous ins!

Honestly - I donā€™t know if overdubbing is possible.
I am using the device as a mixer with cool recording options.

If you are looking for loops and beat matching options - OT or 1010 blackbox might be the better choice!

1 Like

I use a vs2480 for multi tracking and an mv8800 for sequencing. They sync vis mtc over the rbus connection. Itā€™s been rock solid to date. Iā€™ve just bought a cf reader to replace my HD on the vs and Iā€™ve also bought an external scsi2sd drive as well. I havenā€™t installed these yet but Iā€™m hoping everything will be easy.

2 Likes

The most reliable multitrack Iā€™ve owned has been the Yamaha AW16G - it stays in sync over MIDI and records simultaneous inputs fine, which is a small list of requirements but seemingly not always easy to achieve (and until recently, multitrack designers seemed to be boycotting MIDI altogether). Itā€™s a bit of a clunker, though, and exporting tracks to CD-ROM is a futuristic convenience thatā€™s turned into a logistical stone-age headache.

Whatā€™s particularly useful about it nowadays is that if a modern synth or device seems to have an unnecessarily complicated UI, you can fire up the AW16G and remind yourself that things could always be worse.

2 Likes