Munro Sonic Egg monitors

Cheers, yeah it does look pretty big. I’ll sleep on it! Like I say they’d really be more of an investment for the future than something I’d make a lot of use of now. Maybe it’s better to just wait until I’m in a position to splash out on high end monitors and see what the best option is then, but I do love a bargain :joy:

1 Like

At that price, they’re an insane bargain (assuming you don’t get a dodgy pair).

Anyone tried these and some APS Klassic 2020? Just wondering how they compare

I’ve been a bit nervous reading - that they are just re-stocking and shipping out the same handful of bad leftover eggs now.

Ordering now and contemplatig to mark somehow the box if there is an issue before sending back in :laughing:

2 Likes

Well they’re shipping a new set out to me - very keen to know how your set goes noise wise!

1 Like

Nice! Fingers are crossed, I’ll definitely report back either way.

1 Like

I would second what you said about the bass. My JBLs are large and quite bass heavy. My first thought about the Eggs was how the Bass was much less present, almost absent. After adjusting to them (and opening them up) I felt like I could really hear the bass much better (in terms of the mix). I’ve actually decided to keep my JBLs to set up in a listening space just for pleasure. They do sound really good, just not ideal for mixing.
But regarding accuracy, width and just plain definition, the Eggs destroy the JBLs.

6 Likes

F**k it, ordered. YOLO :joy:

4 Likes

Arrive tomorrow. Have been reorganising stuff today to make space. Hope I can fit them in :laughing:

I Hope you can get the box in your door mate.

Fucking huge.

2 Likes

Honestly a bit worried about this lol

1 Like

I have prewarned my significant other.
She will be in during the delivery slot.
I normally get a bit of an eye roll when new gear arrives, so this should be fun…

1 Like

Gonna need more than a slot.

More like a delivery silo.

Seriously though, the most thoroughly packaged gear I’ve ever bought.

2 Likes

and the hardest to hold in your hands… lol you’ll learn how to juggle in no time with these eggs

1 Like

everyone take note of your serial numbers

3 Likes

Shame they didn’t design the egg boxes to work as acoustic treatment.

1 Like

Just wondering if anyone has compared these to the Neumann KH120? The reason I ask is I use Neumann NDH20 headphones, which I love, and I seem to recall reading Neumann headphones and monitor speakers are quite well matched… so if I was going to buy any other high end-ish monitors, they’d probably be them. But they’re still like nearly 2x the price I got the Eggs for so…

So I thought I had some noise issues too. Regular intermittent bursts of what on closer listen sounded digital. Present with or without an input source plugged in. Tried all sorts, different wall sockets, disconnecting any nearby digital gear, moving the whole thing (no mean feat!) to another room. Figured it couldn’t be the Eggs themselves as I didn’t think they had any digital components. But was really doing my head in. Dreading the idea that I might have to send them back.

Anyway, eventually thought it must be either coming through the power supply or being picked up through the speaker cables. Then I remembered. I had one of those powerline internet extender things plugged in nearby :man_facepalming: (the ones that use your home power cabling to boost internet signal around your home). Unplugged that and bingo.

So that was yesterday’s faffing. Hope I can actually get to put them through their paces today once I have cleared up the excessive detritus generated during said faffing,

NB: EVERYTHING is larger than you expect it to be. The amp is a full 2u 19” rack unit. Why don’t they tell you this stuff in the product spec?! Thankfully it comes with some rack ears. Also, the girth on those speaker cables…

1 Like

Lol, the amp is a beast. I had to teardown and rebuild everything to make space for it.
So you have the new batch and they don’t have the noise issue then?

Ah bollocks. No. I have the same EQ knob ground hum issue.
What a pain.
What are the tips for getting these to Sedgewall via G4M for a proper fix rather than end up with Barry from sales whipping out his £20 soldering iron to give it a bash?

You seemed to manage it. Did you contact Sedgeway first? Also, how is your resoldered box sounding?