Munro Sonic Egg monitors

Do it, it’s a right laugh.

2 Likes

While testing with the kick from Ableton 909 core - I get distortion from my right monitor. Has anyone else experienced this - or suggestions to what could be wrong besides the monitor itself?

Here is a recording (from my phone of first the right monitor and then the left) - am I imagining things?

My right monitor sounded bad although not quite like this. It was more like there was a kind of “flappy” sound to the low bass. Sounded really wrong so was another reason to return anyway!

Dropped my amp off with Sedgewall in Luton today. Had a a bit of a chat with Shawn about the Eggs, who was a very nice chap. Anyway, he called me back this afternoon to say he’s already had a look, replaced the front panel PCB, replaced a few components and rewired some of the internals which has fixed the EQ knob issue and hopefully lowered the noise floor a little (it was already very livable with). He wants to do some final checks tomorrow AM, but otherwise they’ll ship it out then and it should be back with me by Wednesday. Pretty impressed with the service from Sedgewall TBH and reassuring for any issues down the line.

8 Likes

Munro Sonic EGG 150 Monitoring System, Black - Nearly New at Gear4musicb5av4m_gaMTc0ODcwMTEyNi4xNjgwMDgxMDM2_up*MQ…

So £900 more than I paid for them and almost guaranteed to receive one of the dodgy sets.

Good luck, consumers…

2 Likes

Mine arrived today and there are just fine, sounds gorgeous and I’am so happy that I don’t have to put them back und go downstairs from the 3th floor to send them back … puhhhhhh :D:D:D

There is a bit of noise but thats ok for me. A few years ago I worked with Gibson Speakers and they had a very high noise floor which drived me crazy after a few month … so I’ll keep the eggs and I’am really really happy about it whooohoo

Best, Kai

6 Likes

If it is what they are doing (and it certainly seems like it is) the behaviour from G4M is shitty.
Reselling faulty returned items. Is that even legal? Knowingly selling faulty gear?

1 Like

Been in contact with Sedgewell who have said that they’re happy to repair my EQ knob issue in this instance but any future issues will have to be handled through G4M through their warrenty service. Sedgewell have been pretty good about it, looking forward to getting the amp back as I’ve been really enjoying using the speakers, even if the EQ knob has been fixed to the 1 position, they sound great and super detailed.

2 Likes

When I contacted G4M about the EQ noise issue they said it was a ‘known issue’ so I don’t think they see it as a fault, but talking to Sedgewall while a noise floor is expected, that behaviour with that knob isn’t.

1 Like

and the warranty is shorter… huh?

it should be longer

1 Like

fixed

3 Likes

Well I got my refund, ordered different speakers from a different supplier, arrived yesterday, sound awesome but the power led is not working in one of the speakers :crazy_face:
Apparently I’m just a magnet for broken shit… :magnet: :poop:

3 Likes

Oh man, that sucks.

1 Like

I’m special :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No worries man, these things happen. I had a run like that a while back, everything I bought had a flaw or was flat out broken :joy: back on a better run now again, thankfully…which speakers did you decide to go with in the end?

1 Like

Lol, cheers for the solidarity :facepunch: feeling like I have the midas touch in reverse. It was a shame because I really liked the system.

Well the eggs ruined my ears and I decided I needed to stump up a bit more cash or likely be a bit disappointed. I opted for a used pair of PMC result6. Really really happy with them but it also shows me how good a deal the eggs are at that price.
There’s a lot of similarities in a sense but the eggs were smoother and a bit warmer, less mid/high-forward from memory but I haven’t heard them properly since the beginning of Feb. The PMC’s are sounding very unforgiving so far.
So glad I got switched on to upgrading. Now for some DIY room treatment!

2 Likes

Ok, which one of you had a serial number ending in 67?

unpacking my 2nd pair of eggs today

Not me! Good luck – I got my refund from G4M no problem

thanks, will be reporting back tomorrow… I hope some of Fin and Hausland’s luck rubs off on me this time

2 Likes