Music with lyrics in German

Recently I’ve been fascinated by German language. I used to live in Germany for almost two years so I’ve grasped it a bit, but now there’s deffinitely something in me, that want’s me to learn the language properly.
In the past, for me a good way to learn the language, was by translating song lyrics (it was like combining business with pleasure) so I was wondering, could you native German Elektronauts recommend me some music from your country with lyrics in German?
I listen to a lot of electronic music, obviously, but also indie rock, hip hop, some pop music as well. Anything that comes to your mind with good lyrics, would be great.
Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Learn these songs and you are good to go! :grinning:

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks! Are they that hard to learn, or you are die hard Die Ärzte fan? :slight_smile:

Hey there!
That’s a great idea, very cool that you want to learn some German and do it by listening to music :slight_smile:
I would recommend some Indie-Rock-Bands like Tomte, Blumfeld and Tocotronic (older ones from the 90s) or newer ones like Drangsal and Die Nerven.
Those are lyrically interesting in my opinion.
But I will search some more in the next days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! RAG & Marteria are deffinitely my pair of shoes.

1 Like

everything DAF

neubauten of course

kraftwerk

7 Likes

malaria

grauzone

3 Likes

sparse lyrics :wink:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Big fan of Blixa and Kraftwerk here, but this DAF band I had no idea about, and I like what I’m hearing. Need to check out more of their stuff. Thanks!

2 Likes

O man, gimme more! :slight_smile:

What an unusual approach for playing drums :slight_smile:

1 Like

don’t think this one by underground resistance counts
but if it’s about the sound of (broken) german language ,-)

1 Like
1 Like

Could you please explain me what I’m hearing? Let’s forget about the language for a moment, it’s very intriguing. Like a weird radio program, or some collage play. What is this?

3 Likes