Music with lyrics in German

I am german native speakerbut the lyrics do not make sense(are poetic)…

There are many strange 80s german synth Bands, and most of them have strange lyrics. 1.futorologischer congress are among my favourites. For learning german I would also recommend some Punk tunes, as they have easy lyrics :wink:

1 Like

Raaaaaaaamstein :wink:

And obviously

DAF :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

I thought about Posting wir sind Helden, Teenager memories for me. And they have good translatable lyrics =)

Dito :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Yeah, movies are also a great way to learn and I’m using them even now for learning English, but somehow song lyrics have the special meaning for me, in terms of learning new words and phrases.
For instance, recently I’ve been obsessed with this song “Achtung Achtung” by Haindling. I had no idea what was he singing about until I translated it. And now I will always remember what “gefährlich” and “ehrlich” means and also phrases like:
“Viel zu ehrlich ,gefährlich ehrlich.
Zu gefährlich ehrlich .
Gut Isoliert, ich bin gut Isoliert.
Kommt keine Kälte rein, geht keine Wärme raus.”
I dont know…maybe for native German this lyrics is silly somehow, but for me they seems very beautiful and because it’s in context of music and I understand them now I appreciate the language even more.

1 Like

Thank you lovely folks for all the recommendations! There’s plenty to learn from.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, except I need to like music I’m listening in order to absorb new words, and punk isn’t really my first choice.

But also, thanks for the Congress: it would be nice to try to understand the lyrics even German native has a problem with :slight_smile:

Ha, Die Fantastischen Vier. I remember them from Viva Zwei. All my teenager years, after school I would run home, turn on tele and watch Viva II until my eyes and ears bleed :slight_smile: What a great music channel it was…

1 Like

One of my favourite movies is Der Himmel über Berlin / Wings of Desire

2 Likes

Yeah, from my very basic German understanding, it seems like it :slight_smile: Is it just me or this lyrics is literally what you could consider as some random bull…t small talk?
There’s also this feeling as they were clips from some German movies combined together and used as a lyrics :slight_smile:

Why is that?

I will have to check it out, thank you!

1 Like

Check out K.I.Z.

1 Like

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gdT8hH1dbV8

seems like I am too stupid to post it correctly :wink: But this is some high quality german Hip-Hop with very good lyrics

2 Likes

“Berliner Schnauze”

2 Likes

They play in my hometown today, I just left there stage. ( I worked in entertainment rigging;-) )

As in terms of the 1. FC lyrics, ofc I understand the sentences but it doesnt make sense as a whole…
He says stuff like " Red Cars, they are green and blue. The Orange ( as in fruit) is very healthy and round " lol

Maybe someone can explain it better in english…