New Eventide H90 pedal

Same !

Dang thatā€™s the setup right there !

1 Like

Definitely keeper for me! Love it :slight_smile:

Some ā€œBrockotronicsā€ going on here. Kiesel Zeus guitar into Line 6 helix using only the JC120 amp and into Eventide H90. This is a program I made and named ā€œKingFrippā€ that utilizes the algorithms ā€œPrism Shiftā€ and ā€œUltratapā€.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUmK_bWoy8s

5 Likes

Me too.

Although the odd thing for me is that even though I donā€™t use/sample Guitars, I always judge pedals on how they sound with acoustic guitars. I canā€™t really tell on electric guitars or even certain synth sounds.

JP8080 + Airbag preset is pretty dirty.

2 Likes

Hell I just ordered one! Watching Loopop is dangerous :slight_smile:

Whatā€™s so attractive to me is one pedal to replace the H9 and Space on my jam table, and more is the flexibility and programing it without an app. The H9 is great though. Just, Iā€™m lazy to open the appā€¦

Apparently there was one left in Germany, Iā€™m lucky :wink:

3 Likes

On first use, I think so. It sounds incredible but Iā€™ve only spent an hour with it so will have a deep dive this weekend and record some synth demos to post

2 Likes

I took my H9 for a spin and, as ever, if sounds great, but itā€™s like tweaking a plugin so I soon give up. I love it for reverb and delays, but everything else always seems like a chore.

Can any new H90 owners who used to have/still have an H9 comment about this? The new knobs seem great, but they still donā€™t cover all the functions. Is it a lot better?

1 Like

Iā€™ll report when I receive the H90 next week. Thatā€™s my hope as well.

I visited the H90 website (after buying, yeah) and it got me even more excited, for the new algorithms and improved pitch tracking. The SP2016 is a fantastic reverb! I have it in plugin and use it all the time.

Iā€™m curious about the claim that existing algorithms from the H9 have been improved. Thereā€™s the claim but not much detail. Anybody knows a source where thereā€™s more information?

1 Like

Everything you can do on the H90 hardware is the same as you can do on the H90 control app except one thing. The control app doesnā€™t have the swap feature built in like it does on the hardware where you can swap the algorithms position, but I hope that comes sometime but yeah really donā€™t even need the app as itā€™s pretty easy to do everything from the hardware!

2 Likes

I guess thereā€™s not much information. Still curious!

I a chat with fellow eventide lovers, noticing how the same algorithm of even a reverb seems to react differently to different signals, we were wondering whether the algorithms have some sort of input tracking even for these, reverb, delays etcā€¦ this is just speculating :blush:

were the folks in the chat happy or unhappy about what they were perceiving regarding the algorithms?

In the long introductory/demo video from Eventide, they mention improvements. One specific one is that the Spring Reverb had optional springs added.

Thanks, was that on Eventide channel on Youtube? I donā€™t see a long video there, only 2 to 3 minutes videos about the H90. Got a link?

Yes! People were raving about the algorithms, they feel like magic, thus wondering if anything special would go on with how sources are pre-processed for the effects to fit in so well.

It was loving all around. Same for me.

1 Like

By looking further, I found that:

from the FAQ here: H90 FAQs - Eventide Audio

3 Likes

Anyone having any examples on the H90 being used as an insert effect on a stereo out of a whole musical piece? Iā€™m thinking about buying an H90, and one of the usecases Iā€™m thinking of is to feed it the strereo out from my Syntakt.

Yup!

1 Like

Thanks!

Unlike what it says in the FAQ, the manual actually says:

Mono Looperā€¦ I guess Iā€™ll find out soon but maybe someone having a unit already tried it? Is it mono or stereo?

Reading through the manual, new algorithms see very exciting!