New Eventide H90 pedal

Yes, but I find it really confusing to use. I just can’t get it to function as two separate mono fx loops with my mixer. I seem to have got it configured correctly, but it just seems to complicated. I’m thinking of selling it and getting separate reverb and delay pedals instead if I can’t get into a flow with it.

Got mine 5 days ago and I am happy. Using it in dual mode with 2 stereo send/returns of my mixer. You can swap the effects on the H90 to either one of those 2 inputs and also change the fx on each input individually pretty easy.

Had my doubts about menu diving, searching for parameters, etc., but was pleasantly surprised how fast I understood the basic workflow and how well they solved it.

I got lost in experimentation for hours (honeymoon phase), there are so many presets to discover…, but that is a bit of the problem as well. It takes too long to find “the one” preset you like the most! Currently I am putting together my own presets and save them and that takes time. Works also well with the editor, not the nicest, but does its job pretty good. Honeymoon phase is kinda over, serious relationship work starts ;))

Still have to learn how to configure and use Smart Knobs and Quick Knobs (?). Edit: Hot Knobs :wink:

2 Likes

I’m using mine in dual mode, but can’t seem to configure it properly. I’ve only got mono aux outs on my mixer, so trying to run two mono loops. I’ve done this successfully with an iPad solution before, so I know the routing is correct with the mixer, I just find the H90 to be overly complex - most tutorials don’t seem to cover this config.

Do you know of any YouTube tutorial that have explained how to use dual mode in mono?

Cheers

2 Likes

Have you used the editor? It was easier to understand for me how to configure the inputs properly and also get an good overview of the rest!
Have you set the pedal to dual mode?
Don’t remember right now, but a Mono cable in 1/2 (signal 1) and one Mono cable in 3/4 (signal 2) should be easily doable, it is a guitar pedal ;))

Thanks and yeah, I did all of that, but something just isn’t working for me. I need to sit with it for a while and figure out what I’m doing wrong :crazy_face:

did you go through this one yet, I don’t know if he covered it but he covered a lot

3 Likes

Good find, that’s the video that helped me a lot!!

he doesn’t mess with too many synths unfortunately but he’s usually thorough

He explains everything really well, use of guitar was not an issue for me. It is worth watching it in full length if you have a new H90… and he is funny too :smile:

yeah I’ve watched it twice now, he just got married and sounds quite happy

1 Like

I did watch this just the other day, but I’m still having issues. Maybe I’ve messed with a wrong setting in the master section and caused the UI buttons to behave differently - I might do a full system reset and start again from the beginning. Thanks

2 Likes

The routing page is important in dual mode (swap fx, etc.). Depending on the routing set up saved with a program it may always has to be changed manually, depending on which signal you need the fx. But you can save it as you need it then.

In preset mode you are able to swap through each of the presets for either signal you choose. The Editor makes sense here as well.
Expression pedal is always set by default to volume (got me very confused as I have one).

If you give a bit more info about your exact setup/config., we may be able to find answers :wink:

1 Like

I’m actually not really sure what I’m talking about as haven’t really focused my attention hard enough to even map what the issue is here. I’m gonna a have a mess around with it and come back to you when I have something factual to base my enquiry upon :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Eventide has a support presence over on their forum: Stompboxes - Eventide Audio

If you’re having specific issues, you can create a thread there and likely get good feedback. Perhaps post back the use-case results here to help others.

One of their support folks chimes in over at TGP, which is a lot more guitar-focused. I sent them a PM to let them know about Elektronauts, but the Eventide forum is more likely to yield quick and effective results. They seem like a pretty small company, relatively speaking, so they probably only have a few folks reaching out to folks online and answering all of the questions.

My H90 arrives next Tuesday, so I can get start getting into things in person and seeing how the UI feels.

1 Like

That’s a good idea - thanks.

1 Like

Anyone knows if the Looper in the H90 is midi syncable?

Meaning the H90 receives a clock and your recorded loops are synced to the midi clock ticks.

Yes, the Looper section of the manual explains how ticks are interpreted. Looper — Eventide H90 documentation

1 Like

my H-90 arrived today. nice cv response on the expression pedal inputs

6 Likes

Loving my H90 still… 2 months later <3

3 Likes

im really impress with the h-90 is a major upgrade from the h9 on so many levels.

1 Like