New Eventide H90 pedal

Delete button is awesome!

Ā£999 at Andertons - yikes

1 Like

thatā€™s a somewhat more reasonable price.

3 Likes

Just ordered - apparently delivery by Nov 18th :notes:

1 Like

Sales tax not included in price VS. Sales tax included in price

Ah I didnā€™t know - is that normal in US, not including vat when mentioning prices?

Haha yeah guess I might be selling mine too.
Also always kinda hated the OT effects but with this I/O this would be a sweet pairing

Also I feel like this blows that Meris LVX out of the water

1 Like

At that price Iā€™ll skip it and keep my PitchFactor. And the other algos I use (Blackhole, UltraTap) are already available for $20 each on an iPad, which I have set up with a much, much better looper. And no audio via the USB port? Hmph.

2 Likes

Eventide did a super job with the hardware and interface on the H90. Itā€™s a complex pedal, and the interface looks reasonably intuitive and geared for performance. The Eventide team stated multiple times that the looper is stereo, so the manual must be incorrect. Iā€™m not sure I gel with the character of their algorithms, but if you dig them, this looks like an amazing fx processor.

2 Likes

No, then you donā€™t. Itā€™s just a GAS attack you are feeling now. A H9 might solve that with a more reasonable price point.

Nevertheless I can feel you: Iā€™m still fighting with my GAS devil telling me that I need a Erica Synths bass synth though I have some realy nice synths that I havenā€™ t used that much.

2 Likes

Way cheaper too!

1 Like

Musicians Friend offered me on chat

ā€œBefore taxes I can get it down to $764.15ā€

Mid December shipping batch mind

What are the alternatives to this? Is anyone else doing multi FX pedals to this quality, which arenā€™t also guitar amp sims?

Line 6 HX Effects would be another option - similar I/O, more FX blocks (but theyā€™re more basic) and no amp sims.

1 Like

Honestly expected Meris or Strymon to have done a multi FX by now.

Sounds kind of interesting, which apps / what approach?

Iā€™m using Quantiloop as a host for the Eventide plugins. As I/O Iā€™m using an XTone Pro which is a combo midi foot switcher and audio interface in pedal format that plugs into the iPad via Appleā€™s CCK adapter.

4 Likes

And thatā€™s pretty cool.
Here goes my GAS, thx Eventide.
:wind_face: :fire:

2 Likes

If you have 2 hrs of listening time to spare, the engineers chat about it here

EDIT: Towards the very end, they answer a question about Eurorack with a teasing ā€œwho knowsā€¦ā€

1 Like

Time to buy pedal.