New Machines for your machine

I almost bought a laptop this week, then I saw this thread and did the smart thing.

5 Likes

I’m willing to bet what’s next for elektron is to release mk2 versions of digitakt and digitone with updated screens and graphics to match syntakt…

… And the analog FX section dropped in with a price bump to match syntakt.

Somebody probably crunched numbers and figured out mass production of the identical digi cases and more cost effective shipping of them plus the larger amount of consumers who actually can afford them beats out developing anymore of the big boi analogs.

The analog rytm having unique casing and pads vs the analog four with unique casing and a lil keyboard ECT versus just producing the same ergonomic small box case with the same buttons and dropping whatever internals in it…

Doubtful we’ll see a “syntakt keys” for this reason lmao

No reason to go mk2 for some updated graphics. Resolution and size of the white screen is the same. It might be even the same display with just a different variation . I am quite sure, that they don’t write a new UI code for every device. So if there will be a mk2 with different graphics, mk1 will have them too.

The reason is so they can sell more units instead of losing out on new sales to the second hand market. Same reason why they’ve rereleased the same exact octatrack four different times now.

1 Like

They’re currently more or less the same price.

Which is mad really considering all the extra components inside the Syntakt.

In the USA they are $150 cheaper than syntakt and if you get them second hand they are about $350-$400 cheaper.

More importantly, every single person who was a digitakt or digitone is gonna start going though all kinds of emotions if they drop a mk2 that aesthetically matches the syntakt and latest octatrack with the analog FX section. That’s how you get people to stop buying second hand units and buy the new ones from distributors.

1 Like

Unlucky, they’re all about the same price here at the minute and I’ve seen a few Syntakts go for less than £600 second hand already.

Edit:

Just had a look at Perfect Circuit, Syntakt is currently $50 cheaper than the other two digis

At my local store in Montreal, Canada.

DT and DN : 1099$
ST : was 1299$ but is now discounted at 999$

Same prices on the Elektron website.

2 Likes

This is great… my life has been missing supersaw since my JP-8000 (my first “real” synthesizer) started to fall prey to capacitor rot in ~2010… nothing has come close to the JP-8000 for me until I discovered the Analog Keys… :3lektron: :elan:

After watching the SY RAW launch video with Ricky Tinez, now I’m wondering if I can get the Mod A or Mod B hooked up to the SY RAW Detune (at the FUNC+knob musical intervals) to have some extra fun over this holiday weekend…

[edit: mapped Mod A to LFO1 Depth at values of 76, 88, 94, 100; LFO1 to square wave and a hold mode with dest set to OSC2 detune; fun is being had]

How about a Syntakt Keys+Pads … to be announced at the same time as a firmware update that introduces voice stealing / polyphony / track groups … it will have a dedicated Multi-Map button & a joystick … :grinning:

optionally

also with a built-in 4 track cassette tape recorder & a few slots for some bluetooth singing dolls

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

You’re thinking way too small for 2023. FIVE TRACK cassette recorder or I quit Elektrons forever.

1 Like

I love supersaws and don’t think they’re limited to a genre or era. A bunch of detained saw waves is a very cool sound and can sound evil in the right context.

An analog square wave is an analog square wave. I’m confused how a synth enthusiast couldn’t find this useful.

6 Likes

Raw = Kick
Swarm = Bass
Bits = Hihats

28 Likes

I’m willing to bet a sound pack that the number of people with OCD for whom this is relevant is not relevant to Elektron’s bottom line.

at 1,75 speed it getting even more interesting)

1 Like

Wait, song mode? What!

1 Like

Song mode is in the fingers. :wink:

Buy a second syntakt? :thinking:

1.20 is even more EBM :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:. Komm lass uns tanzen!

2 Likes

Geez . These youtubers are making the new machines Sound Awfully Cheese :open_mouth: .
Hopefully Some can come up with something proper

2 Likes