New Machines for your machine

? Proper like so:

Never judge a machine by its (big) YouTubers. Like pop music, middle of the road is the name of the game so that no one is offended.

4 Likes

Word.

Never judge a cook by its lover

1 Like

Never judge a judge by its wig.

2 Likes

i donā€™t often acquire the GAS. but itā€™s raging right now in a ā€œjust find out for yourselfā€ style. but iā€™m thinking within a week iā€™ll just be ā€œmehā€. convince me otherwise, i havenā€™t seen the macros utilised in interesting ways yet and most demos sound like things i can do with current machines. the sound is great but very clean for my tastes.

iā€™d prob desire internal multiple track triggering, arp and LFOs linked to retrig/arp speed. something new and creatively exciting.

not trying to be a poo poo er. itā€™s clearly a fun and inspiring box and iā€™m coming from a place of having access to many fun and inspiring boxes already.
whatā€™s the syntakt secret sauce that should swing a human in your opinion?

4 Likes

Not only that, but I think sometimes making content messes up the creative intention. Like making content is more important than making music. So the name is content creators, not music creators. Content comes first.

I think a great example of this is Baseck. He does make the occasional video, but other than that itā€™s quiet from him on YouTube.

And he ABSOLUTELY shreds an Elektron box.

I would LOVE to hear him destroy these new machines.

3 Likes

I think people underestimate the flexibility of the FX block, especially the gating, extra LFOs, (instant side chain pumps) and ability to selectively route internal tracks + incoming audio.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so happy I went the early adoptersā€™ way with this one. So much joy and so little suffering with all that ā€œmaybe, should I, shouldnā€™t Iā€ Best 200 EUR ever spent (the early adoptersā€™ fee). :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::smiley::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grin::laughing::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::nerd_face::sunglasses:šŸ„ø:star_struck::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::star_struck::star_struck: Pure dopamine release and no wear off till today :shushing_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll keep my opinions of Baseck to myself, but yeah, there are very few who push machines to their limits to give us a proper impression of the machines being reviewed

4 Likes

Itā€™s okay to not like a musician as much as me. Thatā€™s the great thing about subjective taste!

Who do you like?

Can you post a video of you actually going through all the emotes that you typed in with your emojis?

1 Like

4 Likes

That acid washed denim jacket is the truth.

6 Likes

itā€™s a serious piece of kit

No, I have social phobia. :flushed::smirk::nerd_face: And 95 percent couldnā€™t read the face anyway (NTs), so I use the standard emoticon set that lacks a lot of expressions just like my mother tongue lacks so many words.

1 Like

@Elekktrikk OK!

swarm = bass & cheesy melody strings
bits = hihat & snare
raw = kick

15 Likes

Unfortunately it doesnā€™t change ring behavior if OSC 2 is set to RING. Nor LEV2. These parameters do affect OSC2, which is a additional sine waveform you can barely hear.

At least Detune affect ring and OSC2.

Weird choice imho.

1 Like

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: (where is the happy dancing and stomping emoticon :face_with_raised_eyebrow::smiley_cat::smile_cat::smiley_cat:?)

Thank you so much!

2022 with Syntakt 1.20 and Jeanne will be considered the initial starting point of the coming world wide huge EBM and synthpop wave (Very New New Wave).

1 Like

Although I have to admit Iā€™m not that much into EBM and Synth Pop :stuck_out_tongue: Iā€™m (mostly) into Noise Industrial, Rhythmic Industrial and Gabber :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, we should get away from the finish what you started attitude anyway. :wink:

3 Likes