New Machines for your machine

Oh, my type of FLAVOR!

Song mode now correctly unmutes /mutes the FX track :slight_smile: - but it does not reset the values of the fx, so if you did set a value with a trig, the changed value continues forever - you would have to set another trig to reset the value, which possibly creates a click, which can be avoided if you disable the amp trigger where you placed your engaging /disengaging filter trig. FX Track levels is also a cool feature.

Thank you Elektron for listening to us !

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to hear some a/b recordings of the shared wave forms with dvco. The underlying analog circuits canā€™t have changed with this update. I would expect the raw saw/triangle etc to sound identical.

But the new square wave and layout seem fantastic and surely the different parameters will lead to unique possibilities.

@Fin25

Wake up. We want Drexciyan Bass now.

2 Likes

Fuck off

7 Likes

I donā€™t even know what Dyslexian Bass is, but I want it too.

5 Likes

Bsas

2 Likes

Yes, i did it too - i was complaining about the Hihat engine - but if you combine hihat filter + fx block filter - you can get very lively hats, that sound good when you LFO some parameters, depth, release etcā€¦ also good for swooshes etc - still another noise sample /source would have been good - but if you work it - you can make a lot out of it. We often forget that the 909 sample also have been processed mostly through tape /tube etc.

1 Like

It always sounds lo-fi meh and sullies every jam. An actual, brillant and crisp sounding cymbal engine would be awesome. So far I try my best with base width filter and resonant high pass filter to cast out the dullness.

However, Sy Bits can also do hihats, even without relying on noise:

8 Likes

I will try that bits engine too, the syntakt is almost perfect if they fix that engine.

1 Like

Another difference is independent level of Osc 2.

1 Like

Itā€™s when you unintentionally inverse two bass notes.

4 Likes

What app do you use to record? Stock one donā€™t get the audio input hereā€¦ thanks!

In love with this synthwave vibe

1 Like

for sure! I was really missing those retro-future sounds for my synthwave songs

1 Like

Electro Legends

1 Like

Finally got a chance to upgrade and really pleased with how the new machines soundā€¦ Donā€™t know if itā€™s the new firmware and I hadnā€™t used my ST for a few weeks but after switching on and upgrading Iā€™ve got a few lines of missing pixels. Still usable but wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Everything is ok in test mode which allowed me to get this photoā€¦

new machines are great and sounds awsome. The Random function seems not the same on the new analog synth machine than on all others. i dont know if this is a bug or if this is wanted. If you Randomise the syn page the tunning , fine tunning and the pitch are random but not the waveforms etcā€¦ on all other machines all parameters on the syn page change instead of the pitch of the instrument. did i something wrong ? looks like a bug.

Just get a vesa mount stand and boom! Table for 2.

1 Like

CAMERA FV5, but free version has some timing limitations.
@Andreas_R recommended Open Camera I didnā€™t try yetā€¦

2 Likes