New Machines for your machine

Give it a try! It also opens a few options that are not accessible with the stock camera app like choosing an external mic as the audio source for the video.

1 Like

I think the (digital) hi-hats are a real weak point of the machine for me. I just canā€™t get them to sound good. Anyone else think they sound like they are straight out of MI Plaits?

I will be trying Sy Bits as a replacement :+1:

1 Like

From @OscillatorSink

11 Likes

I bought a Digitakt because of the Hihats.

3 Likes

First play with the two machines, they are absolutely ace as fuck.

4 Likes

Anybody knows when the Syntakt deal will end? Is it a Black Friday deal? Asking for a friend, really.

Edit : got my answer, November 30

1 Like

I donā€™t know how things are in the shops in Canada, but before this Ā£699 deal it wasnā€™t unusual to see Syntakts for less than Ā£750 in a few shops.

Itā€™ll probably go back up for bit, but I reckon itā€™ll settle in the low Ā£700s before too long. Donā€™t know how much any of this is in Canadian, like $10,000 or whatever.

2 Likes

Iā€™m in now, syntakt on the way. Being an Elektron fan, Iā€™m considering going all in now. I might let go a lot of my smaller synths, to free time to go deeper in my Elektrons.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen it on special unless it was stated as Ā« open box Ā».

1 Like

Iā€™m fully behind the Syntakt, I much prefer drum synthesis to sample diving, and I probably wouldnā€™t mind the digital hi-hat sounding the way it does if there were two channels of analog hihat available but there isnā€™t and so I feel the machine has this weak spot.

4 Likes

Hit hat is not the sweet spot of the ST.
The analog engine help on this one, but only one track.

2 Likes

Elektron is unable to provide a drum machine with decent hats it seems.

3 Likes

They need work for sure, I find layering the analogue with the digital hihat gets me to where I need it or layer with short clap to give it body but yes, 1 track hats on their own struggles abit.

1 Like

right now at moogaudio in Montreal:
Sale price $999.00
Regular price $1,299.00

1 Like

Machinedrum has great hats. :tophat:

6 Likes

That pricing is the same across Canadian stores. Almost makes me want to finance one at Long & McQuade. I just watch a lot of reviews and demos and the Syntakt just hasnā€™t grabbed me yet.

Now would be the time to test the waters though with that amazing pricing!

1 Like

Have you listened to some of the Tracks in the Syntakt standalone music thread?

1 Like

Not yet. I may have muted Syntakt related threads. Iā€™ll have to poke my head in there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly, these new machines make Syntakt so much more versatile. Theyā€™re bread and butter sounds, really, but they make all the difference and widen the palette so much. Happy Syntakt owner here! :ok_hand::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thereā€™s great tunes in that thread on a daily basis. Momā€™s in town and staying with me for the holiday so Iā€™ve been off my every morning ritual of listening to that thread and a couple of others. I canā€™t wait to get five days worth of post update music come Monday morning! Itā€™s going to be a one man coffee fueled dance party over here :0)

5 Likes