New Modor drum machine - DR2

I’ve had some communication with Modor, just casual, but some development of the sequencer was mentioned. Tbh I think it needs it as I prefer to be hands on and the Perkons nails that side of things, Roland just updated their drum machines so there is a lot of choice right now. I think the pulsar Modor combo offers the least overlap, and represent the ‘limits’ of analogue and digital drum machines. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

Btw there is one on reverb for 920 quid. Don’t know if it’s legit but messaging the seller usually flushes the weasels out.

Damn you Francis

1 Like

At that price I was going to buy one for the shitter.

5 Likes

At about 12 mins in this guy states that parameter locks per step will be introduced…
I hope this is true!
I love this machine so much already, it will become a stone cold classic I’m sure of it!

I’ve screen grabbed it for you all…

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Some videos from a Frenchman

A Modor DR-2 (and NF-1) arrived last week, and I am highly impressed. It sounds great, and the 1/32 note pattern grid is very efficient for programming beats.

1 Like

That would be absolutely wicked, this machine needs parameter locks. Or at least beta voices that allowed for more than one knob variation.

4 Likes

I almost spat my coffee out when I heard they guy say that!:hushed::dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:
Having the secondary velocity target, random target and the alpha/beta target is great but I agree plocks per step would/will unlock the elegance contained even further, save on midi controlling too…
I can’t say how much I love this whole machine, it’s grown and matured and I’ve enjoyed the ride so far (no pun😜).
Great colour too :wink::nerd_face:

1 Like

Random for panning hi hats and and pitch on the bottle give alot of variety. But I agree if it gets p locks there would be no need to sequence from OT. I’d like to be more hands on with it.
Then a few more experimental sounds with extreme settings this would be pretty complete.

Oh, and tempo sub divisions.

And reverb.

Etc….

2 Likes

Although I’m feeding into OT on a thru and will likely keep it there, bit of Lo Fi, and the buzzy thing I can never remember.

Probability.

I would definitely love a reverb or delay.

I don’t think we will see fx due to the tipringsleeve biz with the outputs as send/returns…
But they would be welcome!

Sadly only mono though… i like stereo reverbs and delays!

Good point, stereo internal fx please😁

OS7 is out… With parameter locks. :smiley:

8 Likes

Goes a bit Mr.Fingers there when he removes the env from bd :sweat_smile:
-Edit-
Selling almost everything but keeping the DR-2 was a great decision, even before the last couple of updates, still don’t feel it’s depth is really captured in any videos mind.
Let’s keep it secret yeah?:wink::shushing_face:

1 Like

Did you buy one of these in the end?

Dang this thing is back on my radar… excited to hear what people do with the parameter locking.

1 Like