New MOTU Ultralite MK5 announced!

no cons to aggregate. PRO…you can have many diff aggregates to suit the config you desire. super easy to setup. makes you look like you know what you’re doing :slight_smile: [last is a joke, natch]

I had one aggregate made up of…

• MOTU 8A [master]
  • MOTU UltraLite AVB
  • MOTU Ultralite MK1
  • Digitakt
  • Digitone
  • Analog Rytm
  • Analog A4
  • Expert Sleepers ES-8

and it all just werked

3 Likes

Never used aggregate devices, but how is latency in that respect?

totally good.

3 Likes

Can anyone confirm if CueMix5 DSP effects can be routed inline to the daw or if they are somehow for monitoring only? Does the reverb channel show up as an input or something?

I ordered one for an iPad interface that I can use with my OT and maybe a drum machine and a synth for away-from-the-studio setups. Would be nice to be able to pre-eq/compress some things on the way to tape potentially, although I’m usually a “do it in post” type.

I’m not sure about that but what I do know is I can’t get it to work with my iPhone. I corresponded with MOTU support and they couldn’t even direct me to a video showing that it actually works with iOS. I have other class compliant devices and they’re recognized instantly by my iPhone, not this interface. Make sure it will actually work before you buy it.

1 Like

Not sure what you’re doing, but it’s plug and play for an interface.

I’m doing the same thing I’ve always done with everything else that seems to work. I’m plugging it in.

Are you using a powered cck?
Are you using a USB c cable that came with a mac laptop charger (these dont provide data)?
What software are you using on your phone to see if the audio interface is detected?

I’m using the CCK that doesn’t have that extra port for charging but that doesn’t seem to matter with every other class compliant interface I own (digitone, op-z, etc.). I’m using the usb cable that came with the MOTU.

Using Voice Memos and Camera (same apps I use for the others that work)

These apps arent the smartest apps. Camera app in the pas has always had to have the cck connected, then launch the app, THEN connect the interface. It wouldnt detect the interface unless the app was currently running.
Do you have any other audio apps? Garageband should do multichannel just to check.
I assume you are not trying to bus power it as well?
Is there a usb hub involved? If so is the digitone connected?
I don’t own a digi, but aren’t they class compliant audio interfaces? iOS will only detect and use the 1st connected interface. Multiple interfaces/aggregate devices are not supported.

Anyone know of a place I can buy this in Miami from a store? (before the weekend)

Works great on my iPhone. I did update the firmware via Windows as CueMix5 wouldn’t recognize it at first. I am using the Apple CCK with the USB-A and Lightning power ports.

1 Like

Please read the context for the comment. Wasn’t talking a about the Motu.

Oops i thought i did

1 Like

Lets reformulate then: any windows users with mk5 experiences to share?

Yeh would love to hear how drivers are… My mk3 usually needs a little fiddling on system reboot to get working but after that its fine. (windows10)

Be tempted to sell it for mk5.

It sounds like Motu offers questionable driver support for their “not that old” products!?

Same here. When connecting the UL mk3 Hybrid by USB I need to reboot my PC before it will work properly.

This is my first Motu and I’ve only had it for about a week, but I am having a positive windows experience on a Surface Pro and Ableton 11. Everything I’ve done with it so far worked exactly as I expected it to. Quemix is easy to use.

2 Likes