New OTO Mixer - Bébé Chérie

any info on the audio quality?

Vinyl wraps will help your mental state.

1 Like

There is no help. :yum: I just don’t like pink, white or intensive colors on gear.

2 Likes

White is the new black… doncha know?

1 Like

You are right, I only have to dim the lights.

1 Like

They make sensorially soothing grey vinyl too! :smiley:

I use to not like colors too. Then I realize I have bad taste and that if I don’t like something… that usually means it’s actually cool. The flip side to this is - country music and Ye are cool? I’m in crisis.

2 Likes

what exactly is the “bliss” knob going to do?

I just dread the 1/8 inputs

2 Likes

It’ll automatically pair with any Chase Bliss Audio pedals you have.

Actually, my real guess (since I don’t know) is that it adds some subtle saturation, EQ and limiting, or something?!? Just guessing. It reminds me of a similarly named Soundgooderizer from Imagine Line. I’ve never used that plugin, but I’ve always thought the name was clever.

2 Likes

I think they said something about it being a high frequency enhancer… so it is likely a combo of an EQ + something.

2 Likes

« a Bliss high-frequency enhancer for adding shimmer to the overall mix. »

When it comes to branding, it’s all about sticking out, not being complaisant and harmonising with everything else. Special a small boutique brand like OTO.

Also triggering conversations just about the colour is great for marketing. Later on, they release the black version to increase sales.

4 Likes

Let’s hope they release the girlfriend version (pro) of this soon then :wink:

I hope they call it “Big Bebé” just to stir shit up in the “Alpha male” segment and over a colour that doesn’t exist.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I don’t like to bash design decisions but sadly yes I agree you with on this one. I expect it’s me and the cables I use but I haven’t had a great time using 1/8 inputs in the past and don’t really look forward to that part.

2 Likes

I guess it could be compared to an audio interfaces “air, 4k, vintage” modes? It’s a really nice feature idea and honestly that kind of “soundgooderizer” bullshit is half the fun in all this to me. I know it doesn’t do loads probably but I’ll get bucket loads of satisfaction just adding a nice tailored eq bump/ subtle saturation to the sound. Even if it’s in my head it always sounds better.

1 Like

If the mixer is not priced higher than the OTO Boum, i don’t expect the compressor on it to do miracles.
We’ve been used to hyped prices with OTO but in the end I will have yet to see in action that 6 tracks mixer.
These 1/8 connectors… :man_facepalming:can we please forget that in any serious music gear?

1 Like

I expect similar results to a Presence knob on an amp. Additional drive would be a bonus but not expected.

Pink is punk AF, I’m here for it. :tongue:

7 Likes