New Teenage Engineering products

…it’s a solar batterypack.

No way…it’s a pair of magical swim wear.

Didn’t you see the reveal in the email?

It says so right in the caption

Bluetooth speaker?!

4 Likes

Damn, that’s even more boring than I was imagining it being. Nice detective work tho!

3 Likes

An electronic mosquito repellent.

2 Likes

Six years for a pair of Bluetooth speakers?
OK its TE, yes its possible.

2 Likes

Maybe it takes this concept of pushing sound out in all directions but instead records from all directions? Listen back to feel like you’re right in that space etc. Also from @jottwehh’s zoomed pic, it looks like one of the two is using a phone to control it. Anyway, enough late night speculation from me!

Nobody seems to be interacting actively with it.

It could be a TE ‘Art Piece’ that looks like a multi directional speaker but inside it is totally hollow except for a reassuring lump of steel to add to its weight.
The TE AntiSound, the ultimate live field recording player for purists where all the sound comes from the surrounding environment, is reflected off its surfaces and not the device itself.
€799 + €199 including its polythene case.
Makes you think …

2 Likes

Then a couple more years to fix the firmware, the tweeters will fall out in the first few months but it’s ok you can fix them with plumbers tape/duct tape/cut up credit card, then they’ll go out of stock but magically reappear 2 months later at twice the price. They’ll advertise them as the battery being able to cross the Atlantic 10 times but actually run flat halfway through the first ABBA song. They’ll also promise that they come with rca connectors but wont on release - you’ll pay another £130 for a connector “module”.
(an OP-Z owner)

6 Likes

Maybe it’s a field recorder?

An algorithmic field looper.

Continuously records, slices, glitches and dispenses fruity vape clouds.

4 Likes

The real important photo I feel is the last one they posted. Looks to be some sort of anodized aluminum.

3 Likes

Looks like cardboard to me.

4 Likes

Also the extremely shallow depth of field on what seems to be a small device lends some credence to it being a camera, hence the promo shots.

They already did this hipster model previously:

Or a guitar strap! :sweat_smile:

Inanimate carbon rod:

4 Likes

In rod we trust.

1 Like

Biodegradable cable ties made from the husks of recycled OP-Z.

5 Likes

Unnecessary - the op-z recycles itself

9 Likes

These stale slams… cringe!