New Teenage Engineering products

Honestly I’m in the market for a good Bluetooth speaker. This will probably be absurdly expensive though.

I found that Marshall ones were pretty good, actually :slight_smile:

I’m wondering what the key difference will ne for TE’s

Easy.

Bluetooth field recorder and basic playback sampler with builtin speaker. Controlled by the same interface/app the OP-Z uses.

1 Like

Near the end of the last BeatPPL Podcast about Machine+, Youtuber and beatmaker Accurate said I am sure it’s nothing answering to a question about the new hocus pocus thingy from TE.

For sure he knows, … so it will not be a new gadget for the electronic music making community.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Why would an mpchead have any extra insight on TE? He’s basing that on the same nothings we have. I still think they are pulling one on us. Bluetooth speaker is coming and they used that to hide the other announcement.

1 Like

He is not an MPC head, he is a NI Machine user from the first hour and got into the new MPC’s way later when the YT channel was already a LOT bigger. I remember because I followed maybe his first year of YT video’s or so.

He also was doing a lot of OP-1 video’s.

Accurate is Swedish, it’s a small world so … what’s a country? :smiley:

Anyway, I am almost sure he knows what’s coming. Whatever it is, I don’t need/want it anyway… .

… back to the Octatrack

1 Like

I just came across an “educated guess” over at a particular swedish music forum…

Based on the leaked photos they are speculating that it’s a blue tooth device that seems to be able to recieve audio signals from a handful of sources at once - and it has a record function.

So if you wanna jam in the forest with your ipad band… - > OD-4

5 Likes

wireless recorder would actually be kinda cool.
(with bluetooth transmitters for your gear for a 100 bucks each)

That’s a cool idea. Would make more sense than just (another) Bluetooth speaker

This sounds plausible, but there’s typically substantial audio latency over bluetooth, so I wonder how that would be handled in the context of live playing. Maybe it’s more of a party speaker (possibly with its own app) than something aimed at live music.

1 Like

Funny thing is, they made a big deal out of adding Bluetooth audio to the OD-11 (due to popular demand) because they disliked the degraded sound quality, illustrating the point by showing a picture of the hardware engineer looking upset. Wonder if they’ll try and spin it as perfectly fine with this or if it’ll do some smarter WiFi stuff as well.

I wish that reading a thread from top to bottom didn’t set it to Tracking.

No beef with TE, but there are threads I read but don’t care to follow. The forum makes that choice for me. And in my old age, sometimes I forget to check to see if tracking has been pushed on me and get notifs.

I would like to chose to track not have it chosen for me.
Thanks

1 Like

Go to Preferences > Notifications :wink:

8 Likes

sweet…thanks man! :+1:t6:

didn’t know of those options.

2 Likes

5.2 is supposed to have far superior latency, we’ll see how low they get it.

1 Like

Last week, the teaser email was out before I even woke up. Today, nothing yet. The mind reels!

2 Likes

Right! I want to see if they’re still in denial and signing things off from the ‘XX-4’ team etc

1 Like

This Behringer style of marketing is not for TE, … just a pity I guess. A good product does not need this social peep show it sells itself.

Anyway, OT users will be happy!

1 Like

I don’t have the image, but apparently, they’re not done teasing yet. I, however, am done. Just get me to launch day.

We always are!

3 Likes