New Teenage Engineering products

It’s not designed to be used, it’s designed to be waved about so people can see how hip you are.

3 Likes

Isnt it cheaper and more effective to just wave a big wad of cash instead? (You can at least use that for something useful at a later date)

2 Likes

Use that cash to buy beer for your friends.

2 Likes

Philistines would actually want that cash.

1 Like

Apparently, walking around waving cash at people is considered vulgar.

2 Likes

damn i really wanted one of them speakers they did with ikea, they don’t seem to be in the stores anymore

I got ya :wink:
https://images.app.goo.gl/UrAc4HUAyLDvQSga7

2 Likes

Lord I’m saved , thanks. I’ll spend 600 now

1 Like

Yeah - that was what I was thinking ! (But didnt know if anyone would get the reference :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Maybe those 2 things are linked. It costs so much because it took 6 years to develop?

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but does stereo work if your speakers are 7cm apart and pointing straight forward?

1 Like

Are you suggesting those 6 years were not spent optimising the user experience?

How dare you…

1 Like

The problem is, in those 6 years, I have lost so much hipness that I could never justify buying this product.
BUT… it did inspire me to plug my phone radio app into my modular.
Feeding some chaotic CVs into clouds with some lush reverb, and I had me knock-off OB-4 Janet Ellis would have been proud of.

2 Likes

Well…
The clue has always been in the brand name.
Teenage engineering

Just sayin :wink:

You get a Blue Peter badge!

Me? I’m still putting the finishing touches to my Tracy Island, Fairy liquid bottles are hard to come by these days :rocket:

3 Likes

The buying whatever the f they want with their money is fair game no matter how left wing one is. That argument, I do not agree with.

Bloody capitalist business practices are also okay for anyone from the left unless they are politicians. It’s just playing the game and the game is capitalism. Cannot be helped especially if their job isn’t too do with steering the world.

I’m not defending their stupid spending or their business practices (of which I know nothing of anyway), I’m only focusing on the arguments which I feel don’t belong. They are arguments made by conservatives to attack liberals, and I’ve only heard them directed at politicians. I think they are fallacies and are wrong either way (like every aspect of conservative philosophy, by the way), so please do not take this personally and do not believe for one second I’m defending TE, a brand I own no products from and prolly never will.

:hugs: (Unless you’re a conservative, in which case, no hug)

1 Like

Yeah apparently Marx loved himself a Rolex.

Edit: Also terms like liberal and conservative are dumb, most people are both on the same things, it is only the people who lack critical thinking skills who attach only one of these badges to themselves, based on a few choice topics. Most of the time it is bogus too, like the example given above.

1 Like

They saw us coming, some of us anyway

3 Likes

I never said they couldn’t describe themselves as left wing whilst doing what they do. I just suggested that, in doing so, they should expect people to take the piss out of them. I suspect that they deliberately play such games as a marketing strategy.
This isn’t really the place for a debate about the wider implications of how Marxists should conduct themselves within a capitalist economy, I’m mostly here to laugh at hipsters.

7 Likes

The YouTube comments on that video are great:

“Maybe the boldest aspect of Teenage Engineering is that they left comments open on this video.”

15 Likes