New Teenage Engineering products

Have TE taken £200 of the OP1F RRP? Their web lists the OP1F at £1,799 now

They have this on the OPZ as a bundle:

https://teenage.engineering/store/cart/

Been there for a while. Always thought it was a not too unreasonably priced bundle myself considering the price of the modules.

1 Like

ngl…when i hear “midi blaster”, this is what comes to mind:
https://www.whitevoid.com/midi-gun/

It is definitely not a standard size - I could only find 4 different lagers having that size in the whole of Systembolagets massive inventory. (The standard sizes are 330 ml and 500 ml.)

Just a heads up, IIRC Roland went after Paul Perry of Frostwave some years back because they deemed one of his products too similar to their D-Beam technology - even though D-Beam in itself wasn’t a novel idea.

1 Like

Would’ve been a great name for this LOL

Your link doesn’t go anywhere, but here’s the deal: https://teenage.engineering/store/op-z-ultimate-set/

$799 for OP-Z + all modules and a case, which is pretty great deal if you want all of em.

Makes me wonder if they’re selling off stock for a field version :thinking:

3 Likes

Cheers for fixing the link - I’m always messing that up.

I’m pretty sure the deal has been there for months though. It has tempted me a few times!

Edit: looks like the price on this one has been bumped up a bit though. Sure it was below £750

2 Likes

Looks like teenage engineering has dropped a set of wooden speakers with midi capability they are calling the choir.

Looks cool to be honest lol

$250 a pop though

9 Likes

I’m not going to bitch about the price, it’s tiresome.

This is the sort of crazy shit I love to see though!

6 Likes

Yeah. Tbh it’s kind of what I’d expect something like this to cost, at least from them. I feel like people that would complain about prices really want the thing but can’t afford it.

In this case, I don’t really want these but I love that they exist.

4 Likes

I hope this is not considered as the OP-1 field « update »

1 Like

It kind of is actually… Or more specifically, there’s an update that let’s the op1 communicate with the speakers apparently.

On one hand… not for me. On the other hand I really wanna dig into that counterpoint algo they’ve created.

1 Like

Normally this is just midi Bluetooth. It was already implemented

1 Like

OK, I guess the “your OP–1 field just got a life changing, truly unique upgrade” referred to the speakers then.

Yes, and this works as well with any Bluetooth midi controller such as the OPZ

Well played, TE

I could see myself collecting those dolls

1 Like

some sort of kit to develop your own little voices, craft your own band members, would be more interesting than (just) a choir for me

image as a wooden animatronic figurine,

now you’re talking

or

16 Likes

Can you just buy one and have a small bluetooth speaker wooden doll? or even just two paired for stereo? The whole assigning them vocal ranges is throwing me off and I’m wondering if the ‘Bass’ specific dude is like somehow limited only to those frequencies when playing back music?

Also, life changing op-1 update, i assume that’s still to be released or are these the update and it’s not a firmware update? lol

1 Like

I gotta say these wooden doll speakers/vocalists is the sort of idea I want from TE, its weird and great to looks at. How funny would it be to just buy one and mic them up make them the singer of your set up :sweat_smile:

1 Like