New Teenage Engineering products

I was gone on a “vacation” for 35 days. I guess OP-1 Field has not been updated since? Just curious. Haven’t seen anything.

I just can’t with this company. To each their own, I guess. $2000 USD for the set. What recession? :rofl:

2 Likes

If it makes people this angry it must be art :panda:

9 Likes

I don’t really care about this stuff but man, the sound of these things in the first video- I had to immediately turn it of because it sounds so sad/depressive in a way. Really horrible. Maybe reminds me of a church choir or something, that can do the same. To me.

Uuuuh feeling better already…

2 Likes

If I was super rich… I’d buy these just to chuck a bowling ball at em!

3 Likes

“We know you love those electric synthesizers, so your grandfather and I found these adorable wooden figurines on the home shopping channel. They make singing sounds! Look, one has the cutest tiny sombrero!”

1 Like

You think Hermes suffers in a recession?

Nope, still waiting for version 1.3.0 of the op-1f firmware.

1 Like

Teenage Engineering is the Apple of the synth world, design first. Love my OP-1 but more productive making music on my Elektrons and modular synths to be honest.

1 Like

This is the Dark Souls of comparisons

3 Likes

This is their way to celebrate the history of the company I guess. From Jesper (the co-founder of TE): « without the absolut choir there would be no OP-1, no pocket operators, speakers or synths. there wouldn’t even be a company named teenage engineering. »

5 Likes

finally, a gig amp for my pocket operator … but it looks like without a firmware update, i can’t just connect the sound calculator to the talking doll? i can wait … po slays straight into the pa anyway ;,)

1 Like

The two genders.

Is it just me, or does the TE choir sound like the Monomachine voice synth?

Compare choir:

and MnM (more first part, not so much the end)

1 Like

I found it very beautiful. Fantastic composition and chord progressions. Definitely melancholic yes.

Maybe in this thread can we find the answer?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/elektron-and-teenage-engineering/955

1 Like

This needs a mod where every wooden doll is a different version of Stephen Hawking, each from their own parallel universe.
If I only could think of a name for that choir…

1 Like

I thought this clip was really cool. The artist Lonely Dear playing the wooden choir while singing…

Loney dear shared a post on Instagram. Follow their account to see 1306 posts.

2 Likes

… um … what?

1 Like

Casual in-joke at the expense of arbitrary “gender essentialism” and a strict binary of human experience.

Hence these memes making light of the absurdity of all the square peg, round hole roles taken over-seriously, and for no good end :slight_smile:

Can explain meaning and context in PM to avoid any further tangent, but the core of the humor is empathy and punch-up.