New Teenage Engineering products

how heteronormative of you …

1 Like

Price (don't bother if TE already rubs you the wrong way)

€1599/£1599/$1599/15999SEK

(snicker)

4 Likes

To be honest, once you are in the high end furniture game, £1500 doesn’t really amount to a whole lot of cash. It would only get you just more than half of one of these from Vitra Vitra | Compas Direction | Official Vitra® Online Shop

You wonder why they ever bother making musical instruments tbh. Must be much more margin on this stuff.

3 Likes

This is something I genuinely want to understand- I have the tx6 and op1f, I don’t know anything about furniture to understand what could cost this much money. So genuinely asking- what’s the deal?

that looks like it would be good as a table for pasting wallpaper, not sure I would trust my modular on it

1 Like

I imagine (sincerely hope) its very study and lightweight, made from recycled aluminum, easy to disassemble and boutique. Also made to order, so economies of scale don’t apply here.

Someone probably designed it for the ads and they left it open as an option to manufacture and sell when asked.

Im not trying to justify the price (I would not); Im just sayin.

This is made of recycled aluminum & plywood rather than steel & walnut, and it has to be assembled like Ikea furniture. The price for this is less reasonable than the OP-1 Field imo.

fuck yes

3 Likes

Yup- I guess they can make what they like and price it however they want- no one has to buy it, but seems some do whatever the cost! I would find the desk more useful than that tiny mixer they made!

1 Like

What someone should do is a field desk with a mixing desk BUILT IN.

Ya heard it here first. :wink:

1 Like

:joy:

I think I’m in love :heart_eyes:

Way too high for a computer desk though.

Finally, the Teenage Engineering wavetable we’ve all been hoping for

13 Likes

I will buy the poster but I am good with my scarp table I got for 45 dollars…6 years and sturdy

1 Like

I always knew the thing my music was missing was the proper table to make it on.

This doesn’t work on me.

I guess I’m not a fanboy just yet.

1 Like

Yeah my fanboyism ends as soon as we venture out of the realm of music gear. But I’m not bothered by things like this like some people get. If Apple wants to make a $2000 computer stand go for it. If TE wants to make a $1500 ikea table go for it. These products have so far not impacted their music gear in my opinion so I don’t care much.

4 Likes

like a shoulder bag with unfolding legs

1 Like

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

This looks like my £10 fold up camping table. I hope it’s less wobbly.