New Teenage Engineering products

I prefer the field collection but that’s good to have choices!

2 Likes

I will not buy it but I like it :grin:

In their latest story so how a visual artist uses a £1000 audio mixer as a midi controller to do what a £75 akai midimix does.

4 Likes

Good for churning out tunes, I hear.

2 Likes

gotta stay on the grind.

1 Like

But the records have been unavailable (ie; they stopped making them) for ages.

Bit weird that no-one’s done a YT vid review of the table yet…
because absolutely no-one would ever laugh at that.

you mean the turntable or the “field table”?

there’s a youtube video of the gakken turntable if that’s what you’re asking about. Also there may or may not be records available for it on amazon japan, I didn’t look. I just know the magazine that came with the record maker toy includes a few blanks I think.

actually for the turntable there’s quite a few videos, the record sounds ultra low quality, so you must be talking about the “table” table.

1 Like

Or a paper hanging tutorial utilising the (paste) table

3 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

yeah, no videos on the table yet.

as for the turntable, I think its pretty crappy of them to sell a device that requires blank discs to record to and then not have them in the store, like they have already discontinued the product, even if you can buy them elsewhere. But they already did this with their polaroid camera didn’t they?

Probably because the whole point of the product is to post it on social media, no one is going to want to buy the records once the novelty wears off. Landfill trash.

3 Likes

That would be great for someone who equally loves synths and Gorton’s fish sticks.

1 Like

2 Likes

Looks like their gearing up to release a TX-6- esque Field Recorder…interesting

14 Likes
Interesting choice for a product prefix

8 Likes

Price guesses please. Wrong answers only…

Ave. weekly hipster salary x π

4 Likes

3 Likes