New Teenage Engineering products

Wow - thought they would, hope its good

actually surprised thereā€™s no proprietary physical cassette audio tape deck or scratch and sniff audio enhancer or some gimmick other than the antenna.

edit: as long as thereā€™s a scooby doo voice-a-lator Iā€™m sold.

1 Like

Prob converts your voice into Scooby Doo

2 Likes

rut roh!

2 Likes

TE needs to leave my bank account alone.

Iā€™m in.

2 Likes

Affordable?

Edit to contribute: I love the idea of a field recorder, probably not going to be worth the cost point to me. I did just order a PO-33 from TEā€™s site though.

And my girlfriend tells me Iā€™m not good at compromise :sunglasses:

Iā€™m sure when itā€™s released itā€™ll be hailed as amazing/tiny/over-priced etcā€¦

butā€¦itā€™s gotta do something special to beat (for me) the competition of the current king of portable recorders which has;

• 8 tracks (64 V-tracks)
  • stereo / two condenser mics
  • record directly to SD
  • build in drums
  • bonza range of FX inc. auto-tune, harmony, amps, reverbs etc
  • USB interface
  • wav export/import
  • 2 x AA Batts, mains or USB
  • large, clear display
  • line-in / guitar-in
  • tuner
  • fit inside a shirt or trouser pocket
  • 16 bit 44.1 / 24 bit ad/da converter

1st released in 2011!!!
and still available from Andertons/PMT/amazon
ā€¦the BOSS BR-80ā€¦

just Ā£189.

beat that TE.

5 Likes

Looks like they went for an op-z style power dial instead of the flip switch on the little mixer. I wonder what that balance looking thing on the right side of the top picture is.

1 Like

I had this. The user interface is horrid, both the hardware and software. The mics and general recording quality are pretty good though.

3 Likes

Itā€™s basically got your name on it :grimacing:

When I saw this last night I thought, ā€œwell circuitghost has to get one of these to review!ā€

1 Like

If itā€™s a grown up Po-33 Iā€™m in. I highly doubt that though.

i love my TX-6 but if the TP-7 is priced at the same amount, i defo cant afford to keep bothā€¦
and a tape style field recorder from TE is always been something ive wanted

Since they both have the same form factor itll be interesting to know which areas (if at all) they overlap; the TX-6 packs alot of useful features so it seems logical for the TP-7 too aswell if they price it similarly.

Right now im thinking if the TP-7 has a looper, tx-6 style extras (fx, drum machine etc) and a aux send then ill definitely swap my TX-6 for one

1 Like

yeah, it is a bit finicky for sure:)

Surely the audio recorder should have been built in to the TX-6?
Two separate devices to record multitrack? No need, no thanks.

2 Likes

If this is the high-octane tape recorder version of the OP-1ā€™s tape, Iā€™m i n.

2 Likes

Exactly what I was thinkingā€¦ I didnā€™t say anything because people here just seem ok with itā€¦ Good point, seems like a way to milk money from people.

You can record onto external SD since update 1.1.4

• usb mass storage disk record/playback for 24-bit 48 kHz stereo wav files, including armed recording with automatic start on audio detect.
1 Like

Well, one is a mixer (which can also record audio) and the other seems to be a field recorder. At this point, we know almost nothing about its functions, so I guess itā€™s a bit early to judge it.

3 Likes

11 Likes