New Underworld

New video and track from Underworld, I presume a new album on the way

17 Likes

the mix they played at Coachella was pretty minimal (but kinda needed after an hour straight of all their bangers)

2 Likes

Watching them live tonight. Gotta hear “Push Upstairs” and “King of Snake” live

5 Likes

Aren’t they playing tomorrow?

Sam Francisco tonight . Coachella tomorrow brother

1 Like
1 Like

I dig the emphasis on the polyrhythm shifting between strong and weak.

1 Like

One of the greats.

2 Likes

Awesome. Have fun!

1 Like

I have to say I’ve gone off harder techno a bit these days but I have a soft spot for Underworld because they were one of the first groups that really grabbed me with electronic music when I was a teenager. To be fair, they have also made some lovely downbeat and more mellow music.

I think “Dark Train” would genuinely get in my all-time top 10 electronic music tracks.

I saw them at Glastonbury 1999 and it was a good show.

6 Likes

I really like this tune. The more you listen the more things you hear.

Underworld are the shit. They’ve had a couple of rough patches, but the Drift series brought them right back on track. Our kids were both born at home, both to the sound of Underworld, they make the perfect music for that sort of thing.

Second Toughest in the Infants will always be in my top 10 (probably), great album.

New track is banging too.

12 Likes

I’ve always wanted to be underworld. The right mix of artistry, banging and interesting.

4 Likes

Me too … but I can’t remember much of it! Had a lovely time though
I mostly remember seeing the band somewhere on site afterwards, and one of them looked as wasted as I was

1 Like

Nice One. Kindof back to their roots. Dubnobasswithmyheadman. That was the album that got me into the underworld. Great stuff🤌🏻

1 Like

Two of my all time favourite tracks by any band, Jumbo and Pearls Girl, I haven’t seen them live since V 2000

6 Likes
1 Like

Which albums do you recommend? I like a few of their tracks a lot but some I find to be just OK or even a bit boring.

I would say Beaucoup fish is their best album probably followed by second toughest in the infants

I think it’s amazing that 2 guys in their 60’s are still pumping out banging tracks, they’ve come a long way from doot doot

7 Likes

Yeah Pearl’s Girl is my fav, just something amazing about the atmosphere it creates, all those stuttering breaks and ominous noises. Dark.

I only recently appreciated Jumbo, I hadn’t listened to that period much but they played it at their Royal Albert Hall gig (which was excellent, mostly bangers and the new stuff is okay compared to what most of the “old greats” of electronic music are putting out these days) and I really enjoyed it… then was listening to a bunch of old Sasha sets from 99 and he used it to start a few of them, which worked really well.

For me, they’re definitely the best of those big electronic bands. I enjoy the dark intensity, the variety of styles while still being unrecognisably them, the great production… they’re just really good, especially when you consider how prolific they are and how good the majority of it is.

1 Like