Newquay Nauts

Probably a strange one /long shot

I’m here for a week and want to know where to get the best pastie you lot have to offer.

Thanks in advance and if you’re ever in Essex I’ll show you the best place to get a spray tan!

4 Likes

It’s a tricky one, as it’s very subjective: ask a hundred Cornish people get a dozen recommendations – smaller/family bakers or better yet home-made ones are the best…

Here’s a link that contains most of the popular recommendations you’d receive: https://wearecornwall.com/be-inspired/blog/best-pasties-in-cornwall/

If you are only looking in Newquay, try Morris Pasties on Gover Lane or Jamies in Central Square.

PS: avoid spelling it “pastie” – the Cornish can be very particular about this kind of thing…
PPS: I’ll pass on the spray tan :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have no idea but I thought I’d take a look at the thread anyways. Then I laughed about your idea, I think I was expecting to read ‘let’s get together and jam’ vibes

Your second idea about if anyone ever comes to Essex made me seriously laugh. If I would’ve had a drink in my mouth it would’ve went everywhere!!!

1 Like

For some reason, this comes to mind…

https://jointintelligencecommittee.bandcamp.com/track/newquay-nightmare

Based in Hayle but not too far away would be worth a journey if you take in the North Cliffs and Hells Mouth

4 Likes

Philps are highly regarded flacky pastry is a good one not sure if there is a Philps in Newquay, but worth hunting down.Ask for a tatty or oggie if you want to speak the local lingo

3 Likes

Ooooh nice tip on the lingo!

1 Like

Excellent recommendations! And thanks for the spelling tip- I don’t want to look like a tourist!

1 Like

Hahaha we have little in the way of culture, but gosh darn I’ll promote what we do have all over the world!!!

1 Like

Also to avoid being thrown down a mine shaft don’t mention the word Ginsters

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: so true

1 Like

Ha! Gotcha

Careful when eating your pasty you are not safe, at any given moment there are at least 7 seagulls eyeing it up and ready to swoop when you least expect it, usually they exploit your blind spot and attack from behind over your shoulder as you are about to take , good luck

3 Likes

My niece had to go to hozzy for 4 stitches and a tetenus jab after one of those evil fuckers dive bombed the chip going from her hand to mouth, sat outside the King’s Arm in Marizion.
BEWARE THE GULLS!!!

omg

The real question is jam or cream first…

2 Likes
4 Likes

cant resit posting these guys

2 Likes

Gotta support this thread as a proud Cornishman

Some great electronica over the years too from Aphex and Vibert !

Big up the West Country massive

3 Likes

yup the evolution of electronic music would have been different if it were not for a certain Cornish scene

2 Likes