#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

Added! :raised_hands:

Yeah, I can see how one gets sucked into the world of sample packs. I’ve only had what comes with the base level Komplete up until the last month, buying both Abbey Road One and Two. They’re so good. It’s a good thing I’m committed to NYNG to stop while I’m ahead. And now that my girlfriend knows about NYNG I have someone to hold me accountable.

1 Like

Thank you everyone here for making Elektronauts such a great community. I wish you all a happy new year wether you buy gear or not.

6 Likes

the fact that my laptop doesn’t have drive space for these huge libraries totally works in my favor. well, some of the prices also work, too. thankfully, my standards are very low. find me ripping from youtube for all 2022.

2 Likes

Going into 2022 with the following:
Akai MPC 1000
Moog Grandmother
Moog Subsequent 25
Teenage Engineering OP-1
Koma Field Kit = expansion pack
Koma Field Kit FX + expansion pack
CV controlled tape player for Koma Field Kits
DSM Humboldt Simplifier
Empress Zoia
Polyend Tracker
Elektron Octatrack
MOTU ultralite mk5
microphones
guitar pedals
Les Paul
SG
Jaguar
Little Martin
Hummingbird acoustic
ukulele with pickup
banjo
harmonicas
Jazz bass
all the DAWs
ESI nEar05 monitors
iConnectAUDIO4+
MacBook Pro
MacBook Air
iMac
I came real close to buying a Push 2 tonight but, I’m not.

5 Likes

Oh man, it just dawned on me, maybe mostly other Suomi people like @Wolf-Rami will get it but we have this tradition with my wife to watch some old Finnish movies around midnight on NYE and this time she had chosen the old detective movie Kaasua, Komisario Palmu from 1961.

Yep, you guessed it, kaasua is Finnish for gas! :rofl:

So it begins…

4 Likes

Thanks, @craig :pray:t2:

1 Like

Happy New Gear to All!

Lol

4 Likes

Good luck everyone.

3 Likes

The panic gas is definitely real. Just got Dawesome Abyss as it’s been on my radar but that’s it. I’m done for 2021/22.

Everybody but your dog (yeah, it’s been YouTube karaoke here)

Happy new year elektronauts!

Now can we get p-lockable arp for the a4 in 2022?

Pretty pls

1 Like

Same, I grabbed one more UAD plug-in today :joy:

6 hours to go here but I’m all done.

Time to finish my studio furniture and focus on music for 2022.

Finished my Console 1 stand today which more or less completes my main work area. Synth cabinets with slide out trays are next :slight_smile:

Good luck to everyone and I hope this is something that lets you see some light in your life.

15 Likes

That’s such a beautiful setup.

4 Likes

This is gonna be hard!
Tempted by a JX-08, and/or cheap Nord wave 1 on modwiggler.

But I spent time with all my synths yesterday, and reassured myself I have what I need, in fact more than I need. What I truly need is to make the most of what I have.
Pro 2, Nord Lead 4, Hydrasynth KB and a pair of Octactracks. How lucky am I?

I recommend making this pledge with a buddy or two you’re in regular contact with. Akin to an addiction sponsor. You can support each other during the more difficult times when the impulse control might get the best of you. At least, that’s the approach I am taking.

8 Likes

I told my wife and she was like “what? You don’t need to stop buying gear” :joy: she’s no help, so I’m counting on Elektronauts.

15 Likes

You got this! :facepunch:t3:

Aside from muting the other gear section from my feed here, I’ve uninstalled the Reverb mobile app, and have been unsubscribing from gear manufacturer/store emails I’ve been receiving over the last week. Might not make a difference, but if it can help, it will have been worth the little time taken to do.

7 Likes

End of year gas is def real. End of year bonus is def not helping

Still wish I got more bonuses this year tho

1 Like

Probably a good idea. I’ll still be selling some stuff so I’ll need to keep Reverb for a while. I’ll probably unsubscribe to everything else though.

I feel pretty complete in regards to Hardware synths and Software. If I buy anything in 2023 it’ll probably be high end mixing and mastering outboard.

This next year might turn into another depending on if I see really positive changes stemming from this.

3 Likes