#NGNY22 - Happy NoGear New Year!

Live in: Vancouver
Call Home: Los Angeles [lived there 20years/half of it in OC]

1 Like

Bozeman, MT, USA. Just sorta between coasts at the moment having spent most of my life in California and New York. I don’t think there’s a synth for sale within 500 miles in any direction. Sigh…but perhaps good for this challenge.

4 Likes

It’s dope how many people here are willing to share their creative and personal struggles. It’s bizarre sometimes to be creating in a vacuum, I don’t know anyone else personally that writes music or is into this stuff, some acquaintances and former coworkers but not anyone personally. It’s refreshing to see I’m not alone in this and the support from people on this forum is honestly really nice. Big up and respect to all of you

17 Likes

its a good bunch here.

7 Likes

Hi neighbor! Maybe I’ll see you at a synth meetup in the post-plague times!

2 Likes

But I have a great guitar, that was made there.

1 Like

I love Sweden. Go there a couple of times a year.

1 Like

France, Grenoble, near the Alps mountains.

4 Likes

Currently living in Basel, Switzerland but originally from Barnsley, UK. Lived in Massachusetts and Connecticut for the best part of a decade in between. I think there’s probably a good scene here in Basel but I’m old now and a middle aged man with a 3 year old, so that lifestyle is long gone.

2 Likes

Helsinki, Finland.

Just saw a DOD Gonkulator for sale locally, but it’s too expensive to get and ruin NoGear Year.

Leeds, northern england. Largest city in Europe with out a metro system. Bike haters capital of the world, miserable grey little culture vacuum of a town. Can’t wait to get out of here. (On the plus side, we have the countryside a short pedal away on all sides, and the coasts a slightly longer pedal, east of west.)

4 Likes

I don’t have you on the list - is that a mistake?

Ah no, I’m not making any promises. I will buy any DOD pedals on my want list if they show up for sale locally, and I need some bass gear if and when we get to play live again. But I’m with you in spirit! No GAS purchases.

2 Likes

I’ve lived and worked in Okinawa Japan around a decade now, but I was born in Georgia U.S.

2 Likes

Loughborough, England.

Completely pointless little town halfway between Nottingham and Leicester that some knob decided was the perfect place turn into the centre of hyper-Olympic sport wankery, creating a lovely mix of pretty serious poverty and super well funded, Adonis-like students from all over the world jogging about like they own the fucker.

I love it here.

7 Likes

Way back i remember Sebastien Coe the runner training there. Just an old thought. Maybe he started it off as he became head of British Athletics.

1 Like

Yeah, probably something like that.

Is this one of those British names that’s actually pronounced something like “lub”?

Luf-Bruh :wink:

3 Likes

The pronunciation of Leicester I am absolutely fine with and have somehow always been used to (I can fully understand why people find it weird though), but for some reason, I still cannot get my head around Bicester.

Random tangent there, carry on.

Leeds UK.
Recently voted 38th in the ‘Worst places to live in the UK’ and somehow higher up the list than Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster, calling the legitimacy of the voting system massively into question.

3 Likes