Norand Mono (Analog Bass Synth with Sequencer)

What are people using for a case for these? I thought I’d order one of the Analog Case options but the Mono is a little too long.

Hi,
A case for Novation Launchkey Mini MK2 seems to be a good option for Mono and its power supply/cables. Some Mono owners use it.

2 Likes

FW 2.0 upcoming
Can’t wait!

1 Like

When’s it dropping?

Next tuesday for the Beta version

If you want to suscribe : Norand

1 Like
  • Full duophonic implementation

This is great for a Mono synth

If I judiciously scratch paint off the logo I can get it to say “Duo” upside down

3 Likes

Has any subscriber to the beta program received the new FW today?
(I haven’t)

OK, got some news from Mathieu, it’s coming, but maybe not before midnight (so technically not today)

It is here! As I have the synth since yesterday, I will wait. First, read the manual and play a little. Great sound and capabilities!

1 Like

This looks like a massive update.

And it includes quite a number of really cool features!

However, I have to say the cancelling of the visualization mode is quite a downer for me. The fact that the Mono was one of the very few (only?) hardware synths to give you a full, instant picture of virtually all the parameter values and modulations for a patch was really an asset. It made sound design a breeze. To me, removing this feature looks like a massive step back. It quite defeats the purpose of having LEDs on each parameter. But that’s just my opinion.

Whatever, unless they include vizualisation mode again, I’m going to quietly move back to FW 1.2.0 (the last one supporting vizualisation both for the main patch and mod notes).

OK, sorry peeps, I had misunderstood the patch notes about the new FW
(in my defense, some of the items are quite cryptic)

I got a reply from Norand who told me the Vizualisation mode ‘disappears’ because it’s not a mode any more, it’s always on!

I haven’t tried yet, but Mathieu wrote me you now always see parameters values/modulations :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Indeed !

2 Likes

So, has someone tried the new firmware? is it stable?

I’ve tried it.

There are some quirks with it that Norand are aware of. The instant one being that the oscillators are tuned incorrectly.

What is displayed as a C on the interface is in fact an A.

You can of course tube the oscillators fine with this in mind.

There’s some other things that are a bit quirky but it depends on what you use the machine for.

I experiment and sample into my OT. So it’s no big issue of the Norand plays up.

But if this synth was being relied on in a set or it was my main synth… I’d wait.

5 Likes

I will wait for now … thanks! And do you know if in the new firmware there’s slide CC?

I can’t remember.

If you download the update there’s a list at the end of the installation instructions.

The list describes a majority of the changes.

I’d have a look for your but I’m not at home. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I’ve never seen this device before, until I saw recent videos from Lady Starlight:

2 Likes

Its ace, seeing her grooving, i wanted one. The rolling bass it gives, very dancable.

1 Like

I was also surprised that apart from the Norand Mono, she uses now all Elektron gear. And I like the music much better now …

1 Like