Nord Drum 3 & 3P

great job, the 3P is one of the best pieces of gear I own - truly alien sounds come out of it effortlessly - but most demos are just bread and butter. nice to have a video exploring how this gear can really be used.

2 Likes

Hm ā€¦ is it typical that a product gets a paid promotion on YT so long after its initial release? Confused.

By the way - for those of you mapping CCs on a digi or octa, how the heck do you remember what parameters youā€™re targeting? Are we writing it down? My brain fails me.

I had a ND2 ages ago and regret selling it, they are ridiculously priced now, I avoided the 3P for its noisy FX settings. Really wish Nord would drop a model 4 version asap! Great boxes!

1 Like

I canā€™t remember shit so I just turn knobs and listen to what happens. But I mapped the same exact parameters for every drum

2 Likes

I donā€™t see it likely coming. Nord showed absolutely no love for the ND3P, no updates or preset packs, no desktop version, no answer from customer service.
I think they focused on keyboards.

Although a paid review could mean a regain of interestā€¦?

1 Like

If Nord paid @blushresponse for this ND3 review, I view that as a positive sign that the company is recognizing that techno / electronic music artists are in fact a significant customer base. I was very pleasantly surprised that they got Joey to create a techno soundbank for the Nordwave 2 (his demo of it is great). Still, Iā€™m not getting my hopes up that theyā€™ll come up with a G3 modular.

7 Likes

Watched this today while camping. Loved it! Made me want to hurry up and come home and hook mine up to my Digitakt.

1 Like

Yeah, I also find this strange. Is it a way for Nord to see if the hype is still there because they are making a Nord Drum 4 (please let me dream) ?

2 Likes

I wish there was the ability of renaming CC assignments on the OT, just 4 or 5 characters would do.

6 Likes

Totally, for Digitakt too - why not?

3 Likes

ā€œPaid forā€ can simply mean they gave him the ND3P. I wouldnā€™t read too much into this. As much as Iā€™d like to see Nord give their Drum line some love.

2 Likes

I just got a bstock nd3 from thomann but think there could be an issue with the midi in port

Whenever I send anything in it seems to just lose it and send notes round robin through the channels at random

Even if I have no clips playing from Ableton etcā€¦ It will continue

Have tried playing notes directly from the octatrack into it, the same note on the 1, 5, 9, 16 for example and again it is playing random pads

Midi out seems fine

Maybe there is something very obvious here, Iā€™m hoping it is, if this sounds familiar to anyone would really appreciate if you could advise!

What pad threshold setting is your unit on?

I have the same issue with my new 3P when threshold is on 1. 2 or higher no issue.

I am replacing mine though as on threshold setting 1, I get multiple pads triggering when I hit a single pad. Lets see if itā€™s a single unit issue or they are all like this

Will check tomorrow and get back, think I did set it to the lowest threshold, but this was happening even without hitting pads, vibrations from the room maybe

Yeah, Im also getting this without hitting pads.

For example, my Torso T-1 midi sequencer, when connected via midi-in to the 3P, when sending no midi data (confirmed by Ableton), the 3P ā€˜receivesā€™ random notes when threshold is at 1. There is no midi data being sent but 3P acts as if there is anyway. This stops when threshold is 2 or higher. I will see if the new unit has the same issue.

1 Like

Yep Iā€™ve seen the same thing with pad threshold at 1. I remember thinking it was weird that it only happened when MIDI In was present.

Can confirm Iā€™ve had similar scares with the threshold too low.

Thanks all, kind of a relief though annoying! Will report back tonight

picked up a mint ND3 for 300,- yesterday, looking forward to dive in:)

5 Likes