Noteworthy bands of the 90s and 00s now mostly forgotten

The Lemonheads were OK but he’s ex-Julianna made the really good music in my opinion…but I also had a subscription to Sassy when I was 13 or so.

1 Like

Not to split hairs, but I just looked up this “best sophisti-pop” list and they include Prefab’s Steve McQueen and a few Style Council albums, and oddly Sade, who at times I think about when listening to the Sprout.

I’ve been stuck to Steve McQueen, or like 3-4 songs off of it, in a compulsive way since they were mentioned here. How the hell was he in his mid-20s(?) when he made this record?! Astounding. Often when I wake up some line of their’s such as “Life’s not complete / Till your heart’s missed a beat” is stuck in my head… rather infectious music with really clever word play and the guitar sound is just next level.

1 Like

You’re getting there slowly dude. Welcome to the Prefab Sprout appreciation club.

I for one have nothing against Sade. Genius music. Not on level with Paddy McAloon, but great nonetheless.

1 Like

They played my 21st birthday party in Notts just before they recorded industrial :slight_smile:

Amazing band!

So many fond memories of seeing Bob Tilton :heart_eyes:

1 Like

New EBTG track out today and album in April

3 Likes

noice (primed for some tougher d-n-b and house mixes too)

1 Like

Glad they’ve kept the electronic sound, looking forward to the album :+1: