Noteworthy bands of the 90s and 00s now mostly forgotten

Enon

5 Likes

This is so weird…I lived for years thinking my brother and i were the only ones to know them (except for the one dude who made the Zurich Album available)

Ho…and forgot about this one :

And double Ho…Can’t know for sure if they are forgotten, but if we’re talking serious shit :

7 Likes

You lucky, lucky B.

LA was the best for shows. So much shit going there.

1 Like

9 Likes

I love everything and anything that involves Greg Edwards.
Unfortunately his main band Failure’s album prices have gone through the roof. Even their second hand cds cost 20€ a piece.

1 Like

If you didn’t know Everything but the girl are releasing their first album in over 20 years in the spring , Tracey Thorn one of my favourite vocalists

Walking wounded what a track

11 Likes

Excellent!
I really love that album they released years ago.

1 Like

I thought this album was from the 80’s but it’s right one the cusp.
The whole album is incredible

Another banger

4 Likes

What’s this Dark Star album that was mentioned but not mentioned?

This one ?

3 Likes

I saw them live at the Roadmender in Northampton, they were excellent.

In fact, between 98 and 01 I saw a ton of wicked bands at the Roadmender, a lot of which probably belong here.

Fucking loved LWB, saw them a couple of times, Sue’s voice is great, loved what she did with Russell Haswell a few years back too.

Saw Idlewild a few times round and about, best gig was the same night they did Top of the Pops, they were about 2 hours late and the crowd were super worked up by the time they came on, but they made it work for them, great gig, great energy. They went to shit after the bassist left.

I know they don’t really count cos they’ve had a bit of a comeback lately, but fuck it, they ran things round our way back in the day.

I remember seeing Terris on a joint headline tour with Coldplay. At the time Terris were getting all the hype as Coldplay only had the one 7" out on Fierce Panda. Terris released their album a couple of months later and promptly disappeared completely, unlike fucking Coldplay…

Also, I was convinced at the time that Campag Velocet were going to be huge…not so much…

3 Likes

The extremely prolific duo of Pinback. They have a shitload of projects. Saw them tons of times in SD.

I fucking can’t stand to listen to them anymore. I way over played the stuff.
I used to chat with Rob Crow cu he was all into D&D and loved our games :rofl:

and many many more

6 Likes

The Emily Rock Group. I really loved their album Pop & Fade and recently revisited it.

Ah. Campag Velocet! You and me both thought that they were the next big thing. I still have two of their albums on cd and still love them, but I’m probably alone in Finland.

1 Like

The effort that guy went to to learn to speak proper droog deserves respect.

1 Like

You with Dark Star…@phaelam with Autolux ( and the Knitting Factory)
You’re kind of killing me guys !
And also
Listening to LWB right now…Thanks !!!

2 Likes

You forgot to mention Thingy, which is the absolute best from Rob Crow.

2 Likes
3 Likes