Noteworthy bands of the 90s and 00s now mostly forgotten

Ya! He had so much shit going on.
Something like 12-14 diff projects. And Amistad had all his projects too.

1 Like

I remember this band coming through town, I missed it.
All my friends had their mind blown tho.
They were very ahead of the times back then.

Lots of bands started incorporating electronic type stuff in their bands after that show, like a laptop, electronic drum pieces etc

1 Like

Saw Goldfrappe there when she first toured. Pilots and Utopia sounded SO good in there. The place went to shit when it changed hands.
it’s gone if I recall :frowning:

also notable…

5 Likes

This is the album. Terry Bickers left House of Love & formed Levitation, then he left them & a few years later the remaining members formed Dark Star.

Here’s one of my fave Levitation tracks:

3 Likes

They were super fun live. The drummer [they had one at the show we saw] was totally nuts. He stole the show.

2 Likes

That’s kind of what I remember hearing about the most

Felt Mountain and Tales of Us are splendid albums, but i have a special relation with Seventh tree…still not sure why.

If someone say they’ve seen this band live, there will be blood :

7 Likes

Laika

5 Likes

Luna

I didn’t like this band was into Ae too hard at the time. But I saw them at Sonar in Vancouver and my mind was blown. Amazing live. Loved them after that.

2 Likes

Curve was another great band that didn’t get enough recognition, Toni Halliday is probably remembered more for Leftfield "Original”

6 Likes

November 12 1988 - U2’s Rattle and Hum hits the Number One spot on the U.S. charts, the first double album to do so since Bruce Springsteen’s The River in 1980.

1 Like

I’m kinda with you on that. But that applies to pop music. There were so many small bands that were sick.

But I’d put the date that pop died at 1994. Limp Bizkit was the catalyst that caused the reaction. Later…DMX being the final mail in the coffin

1 Like
8 Likes

Like I said, there were a few gems

5 Likes

Just saw him not too long ago. Opened for Meat Beat Manifesto.

3 Likes

Seventh Tree is my favourite from them too! In the beginning they had this thing of doing one ”folksy” album then one ”dancey” album afterwards and repeating the cycle. Seventh Tree is my favourite of the ”folksy” ones.

I’m don’t know all the albums, but yeah…the one on two factor is strong with them.
Well…why not ? as long as the "good ones “stay strong”.

1 Like
9 Likes

Every time this band came through town people in the audience would hush people talking.
Once at an outdoor show it got real out of hand, then finally everyone got quiet.
The a train cam by on the tracks right behind the stage, the whole band broke song and started laughing.

10 Likes

Oh, so this is different than the Dark Star on Spotify that makes electronic albums with rather pleasant vocals?

1 Like